PDA

View Full Version : Perris Tubers!!!!!

Phishinghookz
08-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Hey ya'll...I'm heading to Perris this sunday to float tube the Bernasconi side. I have never launched or ever been to that side before. I'm assuming that i would enter thru the gate from Ramona Expressway...I just want to know if there is a bit of walking to do from where i park to launch? My brother in law has a pontoon style float tube and that thing is pretty heavy. Also would i be able to fish towards the dam side? All help is much appreciated....thanks!

Tom
08-16-2012, 03:08 PM
You will walk about 100-200 yards depending on where you park....Not too bad at all

Tom
New Catch and fillet Club
BBQ BASS for a shoreline lunch

fishmounter
08-16-2012, 07:18 PM
It's more than 100 yards for sure. It's not bad going down to the water, but coming back up the slight incline after fishing for a few hours, especially in this 100+ degree weather, with all your gear and wet 'tube, it will wear you out. I use a hand truck to cart my stuff, then I lock it to a tree. This REALLY helps me out. Saturday morning there's going to be a group of float tubers going out at Bernasconi for bass.

SirBluegill
08-16-2012, 07:27 PM
I will probably be out there Sunday morning, just like the others have said walk down the road and you're in the water :)

Phishinghookz
08-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Hey thanks guys...looks like my brother in law has a mission ahead of him. He has the pontoon style float tube...lol...if any of you guys go sunday give us a holler...

vortec_cruiser
08-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Did anyone go tubing over the weekend?

SirBluegill
08-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Yes went out Sunday, caught four bluegills 7 incher, 8, 9 and a 10 :) But that was all for the day. Saw plenty of tubers out there 10 or so.

fishmounter
08-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Anthony- Did you find that "structure" you were looking for? You should have fished longer for those elusive 11 and 12 inch Bluegills. (Since you got 7,8,9, and 10 inchers!)

SirBluegill
08-21-2012, 08:15 PM
I found something to the left of the road about 150ft out. No bites there though. Got the 10 incher near the weedline by the rocks.

vortec_cruiser
08-21-2012, 11:16 PM
With a little cooler weather this week, I think I'll have to get out there Thursday or Friday.
Nice job, Anthony, with some quality fish.

Phishinghookz
08-21-2012, 11:43 PM
I was there Sunday but the gate was shut...was there at 6am didn't know what to do from there...some bikers showed up and told me that they Nvr open that gate. So I decided to launch from lot 11-12 like always...my bro had a pontoon float a heavy one and didn't want to launch from bernasconi...I was told that I should park by the gate and just walk down to the water...oh well I guess ima have to take a trip out there alone someday...

fishmounter
08-22-2012, 03:23 PM
They always open that gate, but they usually are late, around 6:15 to 7:00.

Phishinghookz
08-23-2012, 08:13 AM
They always open that gate, but they usually are late, around 6:15 to 7:00.

Thanks fishmounter...that's good to know because me and my bro are going there next Sunday...ima just leave later than usual then...

fishmounter
08-23-2012, 09:14 AM
It seems like when I show up late, the gate is already open! But if I get there early around 6:00, when they are suppose to open the gate, I end up having to wait for 20-30 minutes. And that sucks when you are all excited and ready to hit the water and start catching fish! And by the way, I fish mainly during the week, on Fridays-

Phishinghookz
08-23-2012, 09:27 AM
It seems like when I show up late, the gate is already open! But if I get there early around 6:00, when they are suppose to open the gate, I end up having to wait for 20-30 minutes. And that sucks when you are all excited and ready to hit the water and start catching fish! And by the way, I fish mainly during the week, on Fridays-

Okay kool...we were going to just hop the gate but I seen broken glass on the side of the road...thinking cars get broken in. Scared me so we left...now that I know that gate does open I guess I'm going to have to wait patiently...lol...thanks for the info...ima weekend warrior, well Sunday fun day fisherman...