PDA

View Full Version : Private Boater on the Huntington Flats ---- Great Day Thanks to JapanRon

JL
08-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Ok JapanRon after reading several of your reports about fishing on the Huntington Flats and other nearby locations my wife and got the opportunity to head out the Flats yesterday.

On the water at 8:30 am. High Tide about 8:37.
Air Temp 70 Water temp 66.5 - 68.9
As per information from JapanRon we Drifted over several locations at the flats.
Depth during the drift would go from 85 - 68 ft. Most fish caught at 70 -72 feet.
Bait: Small anchovies. 5 inch and less/ and Sardines LARGE ( very large) 7 to 9 inch
Plus new set of Plastics.

Fished Plastics in Brown/yellow color 7 inch and 10 inch (We have been avid bait fisherman for 10 years----- so leading with Plastics and devoting time to plastics is very new for us)

3 SandBass over 15 inches on the plastics. I caught all these
2 Sandbass on the Sardines. My wife caught these.
0 On the Anchovies.

This is what made this a Great Day.......
First fish by Jean on the large Sardine. Personal Best on our Boat for SandBass. 25 inches. 9.5 lbs. Based on information from Fish and Game this is about as big as they get.
Second fish by Jean on the large Sardine. 20 inch 6 lb. Sandbass.

Pictures will be posted later after I download from our cameras.

Thanks JapanRon for your detailed reports. They definitely helped Jean and i fishing the flats.

Tight Lines and God Bless

JapanRon
08-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi JL,

Nice goin' but please remember that there are many, many contributors here who post great info when they go ..... me ..... I just go more often than most !! :)

JapanRon

TUNAVIC
08-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Nice going there JL,I agree JR knows his stuff,and as he mentioned this is a great place with great contributors,most everyone is pretty generous with info,as to where when and how,you take it all in and then make your own final decision,and it makes for a good trip.
Congrats on those sandies,any bass over 5lbs is a slug WTG.Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Cya Tuna Vic