PDA

View Full Version : Best time to fish a freshly stocked lake?

AddictedFisher23
08-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Next day? Next Week? Does it matter?

etucker1959
08-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Next day? Next Week? Does it matter?

A little more specific would be helpful, because the answer will vary from what type of fish and how big the lake is. For example catfish in a regional park will be different then say Irvine lake, same goes for trout. I could give you the answer to all four questions, but then I would becoming off as a smart arse. lol

AddictedFisher23
08-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Catfish at a park...I was just wondering if the fish need to settle down and be comfortable with their environment or do should we just attack 'em right away

technician
08-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Catfish at a park...I was just wondering if the fish need to settle down and be comfortable with their environment or do should we just attack 'em right away

The best way to go about it is to put on a treble hook with a couple ounces of weight and cast directly into the stocking truck as there unloading.... That's how I've had all my best days at a city park lake

etucker1959
08-16-2012, 09:57 PM
There two time periods to fish for catfish in a park. As soon as their planted, they will bite till about the 1/3 of the plant is taken. We will call this period 1, also known as truck chasing. The second period is my favorite, we will call this period 2. Also known as fishing for holdovers. The holdovers usually start biting about a week after they plant, mostly in the early mornings or evenings. This is where you seperate the men from the boys, because it takes a lot more skill to catch the holdovers.