PDA

View Full Version : June Lake Loop trip

DC5fishR
08-15-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm going to be staying in mammoth and plan on fishing June Lake Loop one of the days. I've been there once before, but I didn't find too much shoreline access last time. I going to be in a small lowered car so I try not to go off on too many dirt roads. The road up to the back of Gull Lake was pretty hairy :Shocked: and I didn't want to risk going down the road to Grant last time. The area where I did well last time was on the west parking lot area of Silver lake :Fishing Catch:. Do you guys know of any other shore fishing spots on these lakes I can get to?

DeepInTheWoods
08-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Hey there DC5 if u want to fish at Gull Lake ..... If u r facing the marina just to the right is a grassy area that u can fish from and bbq ... bathrooms close by and a small playground if u have little ones with u .... you r right near the marina for those last minute supplies :Beer Toast:

DC5fishR
08-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the info. Are there any gravel/paved roads down to Grant Lake or decent shoreline fishing on June Lake, didn't really see too much opportunties last time to fish at those two? Also, I have fished a couple times at the mammoth lakes, caught trout at Mary, but not at the others, any advice on good locations there? I can't wait to explore more of these two groups and :Fishing Catch: of course!

olfishergal
08-16-2012, 10:42 PM
I always did pretty well at the campground beach on June lake

DC5fishR
08-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks, are you required to camp/stay at those areas on June Lake to fish them? Last time, I scouted multiple camp/resort shoreline areas around Gull and June, but wasn't sure if I could fish there.

DeepInTheWoods
08-22-2012, 09:54 PM
:Big Grin: you don't need to camp there to fish at June lake... Just like Olfishergal said the swim beach at the north end of the lake is a good spot to shore fish...Ive never fished grant lake before ....I don't know to much about that place...let me know if u need anymore specific info.....id love to help

DC5fishR
08-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Thanks Deep...I just got back from my sierra trip. It was pretty awesome, I learned a lot at some new lakes. I'll write up a report when I get some time.