PDA

View Full Version : shasta lake?

lip rippin sob
08-15-2012, 12:01 PM
will be out there on a house boat from the 17-25.
im bringing it all. my kayak/fishfinder and all the goods.
float tube and like eight set ups mostly bass stuff.

never been to the lake so any info will help.

i know theres some good spotty fishing,and a shot at a stugron.

but i have never caught eighter so PLEASE shoot me some pointers!!!

thanks.

SKramer
08-15-2012, 02:00 PM
I heard the hot bait for sturgeon is chartreuse power bait with glitter:LOL:

Good luck brah your gunna slay em!

BANG IT ON

striperstud
08-15-2012, 03:20 PM
I go up with the family every year in June. You can have a blast catching small spotted bass on wacky senkos along the shoreline. But if you want a bigger fish try fishing 15-40 foot on points, humps, etc. A football jig or a carolina rig is a good choice.

good luck

JeffO
08-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Lucky you! That's my favorite lake. Getting the bigger spotted bass can be tricky, but that lake is amazing if you're strictly looking for numbers. First off, throw top water when the sun isn't shining. Spooks, poppers, buzzbaits. I've always ran into a really good topwater bite there. During the day I've had the best luck using any of these techniques: jigs, drop shot, texas rig, carolina rig, split shot, and all white spinnerbaits. The key with these is to find some form of structure (stumps, bushes, trees, logs, rocks, docks, shadow lines, mud lines, etc) and get your bait as close to that structure as you can. When you catch a fish, keep throwing in the same location for a couple casts. If you don't get another one right away, move on. If you do, it's not uncommon to get 5 or even 10 more fish out of the same general spot if they're stacked up.

Here are some Shasta reports: http://westernbass.com/ncalifornia/reports/view.html?id=2

Also, stop by Phils Propellers tackle shop and ask them what's been working lately. They'll give you some great pointers since they have the best local knowledge of just about anybody.

That lake has SO many fish in it. Have a blast up there.

lip rippin sob
08-16-2012, 09:52 AM
I heard the hot bait for sturgeon is chartreuse power bait with glitter:LOL:

Good luck brah your gunna slay em!

BANG IT ON

lol i though they were gettin them on the pink!

lip rippin sob
08-16-2012, 09:54 AM
thanks guys gonna do work on these fish!

any info on the sturgon?

SKramer
08-16-2012, 10:10 AM
thanks guys gonna do work on these fish!

any info on the sturgon?

Just nose hook a live chicken..

technician
08-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Just nose hook a live chicken..

Doesn't work as well as throwing a baby pelican, those things kill em up there... I've also had a lot of luck with live garibaldi