PDA

View Full Version : Late Catfish Co-op Report

Angels91
08-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Saturday was one a great day!! Meet a bunch of great guys from team 57 and learning a bunch of things and a special thanks to big daddy who made me feel extremely welcomed and the entire team as well for being so open and welcoming. As far as the fishing went...

I decided to go on a solo fishing trip to see if I can scout out any good spots but I had no luck and only caught a burn so I decided to head back in and stayed on land until about 6:30 or so... It was me my brother and his in-law we only caught one fish close to the entrance of the flats but with the frustration of only one fish and having hardly any room on the boat was beginning to get a little frustrating and I could see it in my brother as well. He decided to sleep on the boat as we continued to fish and after maybe 30 mins - 1hr my brother sat up and said he was calling it quits and going home because he wasn't feeling well. So we went back in to let him off and unload some of his things into my car. So since he left I decided that I would fish with one of my brothers rods in order to fish for him.. And one of my rods was running out of line and had a knott in it. So once we left the doc we went back into the flats but closer to the back. My brothers in-law caught another fish maybe around 11:00 or so.. And I was sadly still at 0 so I was starting to lose hope so I suggested we leave and try a new spot but as soon as we began to start to move another boat came up and caught a cat right away so we both looked at each other and said "Maybe we should stay.." and then once we set anchor once more man was it on!!!!! We were fly lining mackerel and within a hour or so we went from 2 cats to 10!!!! And I was able to pull up a 5.07ib cat and if I wasn't broke I would have placed in the tournament... Oh well maybe next time.

All in all it was an AWESOME Saturday and a great night of fishing and meeting new people!! Thanks again guys I cant wait for the next event, maybe I'll even win some more cool stuff like those slippers and shorts!! Pics to come...

fishfnatic
08-15-2012, 10:01 AM
And I only had to harass you for 3 days in a row to get you to post this.

See Chris Fish
08-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Great job on beating the skunk.
Never fails. Don't get in the tourney and you land a big fish. Been there, done that.
That was the best "first" post I've seen. Welcome.

5150fishn
08-15-2012, 08:54 PM
First of all, glad to meet you guys at the tourney. Second of all, way to beat the skunk and pull out limits!!! Welcome to the Team and looking forward to future reports.

Thisfool
08-15-2012, 10:23 PM
it was good to meet you Patrick im glad to hear you guys killed it out there. i wound up skunking out bad lol hope you and your bro make it out the next event

troutdog
08-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Excellent 1st post Patrick, congrats on sticking it out and nailing that fat cat! Thanks for being such a good sport about the extra pictures when you won the shorts n slippers :LOL: :Thumbs Up: Hope to see you at future events to come.

Welcome to the board and Team57!

TD

Angels91
08-17-2012, 11:42 AM
If only i had entered the tournament...

But at least I walked away with this :Razz:

Angels91
08-17-2012, 11:44 AM
5150: Thanks :Big Grin: it was great meeting you as well

Thisfool: It was good meeting you to man and sorry to hear about that skunk... I was certain this was gonna be another night where the cats got the best of me lol

Troutdog: Not a problem I had a blast and those shorts and slippers were pretty awsome! lol and I can't wait till the next event you guys sure know how to have a great time and it was great meeting you

Rooster
08-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Great post, Im glad you and your bro got out there. You both are assets to the team. Anyone willing to put those slippers and shorts on with all those people there is definately Team 57 Material... Props on finding those cats.. Nice fatty cat

TaperSteve
08-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the post. Welcome to FNN and Team 57!

TS

Big Daddy
08-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Patrick that is a great report buddy. I am glad I got to meet you, you were loading up on some stuff at the raffle and man you put the slippers and underware on like a trooper Bro. Thanks for Being a part of Team 57 I am looking forward to seeing you and Brother at the next events you guy's fit right in with the rest of us see you soon little Bro.

BD