PDA

View Full Version : LATE REPORT LoNg BeAch Harbor 8/11

GETBIT!
08-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Got On the water around 630 saturday morning, The plan was to run up to the horseshoe kelp, But once we got to the long beach break water with the tidde being perfect an it not being a total zoo we decided last minute to give it a quick try, Long story short we ended up fishing there the rest of the day, The three guys I fished with opted to fish the ghost shrimp which wasnt a bad idea they had a steady pick of big sheapshead perch opalaye and cabazon all morning, I chose to fish plastics, started of pretty slow then got the ocasional sand bass, after 5 or 6 periodic bass i finnaly get a pretty good pull goin, felt the head shakes knew exactly what it was, i just couldnt wait to see how big,Come to surface and was indeed a halibut neted him and he went about 28'' Sweet, I was amped,Weeded thru 4 or 5 more bass (2-3 model range) and get what felt to be a snag on the bottom. Bummer oh well i Start pullin pullin mean while im gaining line weird, start winding a little more she wakes up fish on fought this mystery beast for about ten minutes, called for gaff buddy gilbert grabed gaff, got fish to the boat and for some reasone when instead of gaffing the fish at the boat he turns the gaff upside down and as hard as he could baps the fish on the top of the head!!?? fish is definitly awake now and runs deep,Get him back to color and thank god my other buddys 300lbs and samoan he grabs the gaff and easily sticks and picks this guy up and over the rail, She went just a little under 44' long and close to 5 inches thick these pictures do her no justice she was freakishly huge, between her ingulfing my SB and the line rubbing on her teeth the hole fight my buddy misgaffing her and my 10 lb test theres no way we should of landed the this thing, but we did and it was ONLY by the grace of god, love ya big man=] We fished for another hour i caught a couple more bass went for a swim those guys put a major hurtin on the perch and we pretty much ccalled it a day around noon, all in all it was a beautiful day to be on the water and the fishing was just an added plus, Thanks for readn y'all
Rod: 7'6 shimano teramar
Reel:shimano castiac ca-200sf baitcaster with 10 lb P-Line
Bait: 5 inch BH's & FT'S

Kidfish
08-14-2012, 08:34 PM
It suck that day I was sick but an awesome report still stubborn when fishing plastics and it paid off way to go bro you have evoled into quite the fisher / lizard king how lizardss tell the truthlol see u this weekend

HawgStalker
08-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Wow!! What a great story and an absolute giant hali!!! Good job hanging the big girl....

Congrats!

Newfishsmell
08-14-2012, 09:34 PM
DUDE !!
Now thats a beast ... Fanfriggintastic !!

bachiboy
08-15-2012, 12:49 AM
That's freakin AWESOME!!!!:EyePop: It would be incredible on 30 lb. test much less 10! Congratulations man!!!!:Thumbs Up:

Uhhh, about your buddy Gilbert's gaff job...did you guys have a wager goin'? :Envious::Twisted::whistle::ROFL:

fishead
08-15-2012, 08:58 AM
That's a nice butt
I go nuts 4 big butts!

reelgurlzfish
08-15-2012, 09:11 AM
holy cheese and crackers that's a huge butt! congrats! silly question but what area is considered LB harbor?

GETBIT!
08-15-2012, 12:16 PM
holy cheese and crackers that's a huge butt! congrats! silly question but what area is considered LB harbor?

Wrote this report in a hurry due to computer problems and s/n issues but You would be right, it would be better considerd the bay, title changed, Thanks

GETBIT!
08-18-2012, 11:13 PM
It suck that day I was sick but an awesome report still stubborn when fishing plastics and it paid off way to go bro you have evoled into quite the fisher / lizard king how lizardss tell the truthlol see u this weekend

Hey sivee, Thanks Bud!

Wow!! What a great story and an absolute giant hali!!! Good job hanging the big girl....

Congrats!
Thanks brtutha

DUDE !!
Now thats a beast ... Fanfriggintastic !!

My words exactly! Thanks

That's freakin AWESOME!!!!:EyePop: It would be incredible on 30 lb. test much less 10! Congratulations man!!!!:Thumbs Up:

Uhhh, about your buddy Gilbert's gaff job...did you guys have a wager goin'? :Envious::Twisted::whistle::ROFL:

Ha!! No kidding, Nope no wager, i think he was just a little freaked out to be honest, although someone may have slipped some hateraid into his coffe who knows!!

That's a nice butt
I go nuts 4 big butts!

Ha good one that makes two of us, thanks for the response

bloox8
08-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Dude! Those are some nice catches, especially because you used 10lb :LOL:!! Thats pretty awesome. Congrats!
Hopefully your luck doesn't end here. Go land some more ! :Big Grin:

Thien