PDA

View Full Version : NPB and NPH *no pics* 8/13

smokehound
08-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Went to my old spots to check them out, on the way to the beach passed by a crime scene in fountain valley, freaking police just half-assed putting the tarp over the dead guy, didnt want to see that X(

Anyway, got to the sand around 2:40pm, surf was really tough, but I still managed to hook into a surfperch (no pics, my phone died).

There were tons of fish, I just couldnt get to them. Had a few definite hali bites. Sandcrabs everywhere. The entire beach was just one big huge bed.

After getting hit in the shin by a loose boogeyboard (made me bleed, stupid jerkoff!!), I checked out 38th st park, ran into a super chill guy rolling a fatty by the water, and got a few bites, but no takers..

I guess all the spotties were in a mollusk mood. It happens sometimes. I tried Live sand crabs too, but even those failed. After failing there, I then went to the channel to try for some spotties. Fish were holding along the walls and in the lightpost shadows.

Finally started hooking into fish around 8:00 pm, two small spotties the second one caught right after the first.

Then I hooked into an octopus, and then a SECOND octopus, and gave up. Lol. what a ****** up day :LOL:

Fysher
08-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Probably bad karma seeing the dead body.

Getting out on the water is always good, skunk or not though. I almost had a surfer take me out back in the days when I was younger, guy was an idiot, yes a big IDIOT. The reason is that there were a bunch of swimmers and he pretty much rode a wave almost all the way to the sand, luckily when I saw him coming close to me, I dove down and stayed under water for a while and then popped back up. don't know why he didn't busted/ticketed for getting that close to a bunch of people on his board.

Good luck next time out.

bassfishing24/7
08-15-2012, 04:00 PM
C'mon smoke,no pix this time?i wanna see the nice manicured finger nail pics!! Jk dude!

smokehound
08-17-2012, 12:05 AM
C'mon smoke,no pix this time?i wanna see the nice manicured finger nail pics!! Jk dude!lol! So you're not down for any foot sessions?

Dci4me
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM
I also fished NPH on 8/13 for nothing. I also so a body on the 91... streetbiker down on the freeway and not moving. I threw big hammers, flukes on darter head and skirted jig heads. I also threw 3/0 deceivers on the fly. The only action I saw was from my friend. He hooked on to something, it stripped a lot of drag, and then got off. He was using a silver lipless crankbait. We float tubed off of 15th street from 7:00 am to Noon. It was my first time out in the harbor, and I did learn a lot.

Dci4me
08-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Better luck to both of us next time!

bassfishing24/7
08-17-2012, 11:10 PM
lol! So you're not down for any foot sessions?

Not any time soon....

bassfishing24/7
08-17-2012, 11:12 PM
lol! So you're not down for any foot sessions?

Not any time soon....

HawgStalker
08-18-2012, 07:16 AM
Thats not a typical report at all huh!? At least you got into a couple spotties, even if they were small! Sounds like the best part of the trip was the fatty down by the water.... I could actually use one of those right now! Lol

Thanks for sharing!