PDA

View Full Version : Fun day in the surf with my brother

Lucky Lager
08-12-2012, 04:27 PM
well, this will be a quick report this time.
made a last minute plan to hit the surf with my brother, because we haven't fished togather in a while. so, we got up at 0330, loaded up & headed to Carp.
conditions were nice....great weather, warm water & minimal salad. not a super productive day, but my brother got a pb bsp & his first sngf, so that made it all worth it. all i got was a baby leo, but at least it put up a fun fight.
i'll keep this one short....here's some pics
his pb
taped out at 16"
his first sngf (38")
and my baby leo

lostfisherman
08-12-2012, 05:00 PM
nice post bro where was this at?

trout masterson
08-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Great day!!! puttin the hurt on em. nice job.

bachiboy
08-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Great job out there LL! That is a pig of a perch that your brother got...kudos to him. Heck of a PB!

Congrats!
Don

Which Way Out
08-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Nice Pig your brother got there Jim.

Your right about the weather but the water is kinda off right now. I fished Sunday off a boat and the lack of a good tide made for little to no water movement. Tough day all around.

Stay cool out there in BFE.

WWO

Lucky Lager
08-13-2012, 08:11 AM
nice post bro where was this at?

thanks, we fished Carp & just north of Carp.

Great day!!! puttin the hurt on em. nice job.

thanks TM. wish we could have done better, but we were happy to find some action.

Great job out there LL! That is a pig of a perch that your brother got...kudos to him. Heck of a PB!

Congrats!
Don
thanks Don, he was pretty stoked about that perch. he was also pretty stoked about fighting/landing a fish over 3'
i forgot to upload this comparison pic earlier :)

Nice Pig your brother got there Jim.

Your right about the weather but the water is kinda off right now. I fished Sunday off a boat and the lack of a good tide made for little to no water movement. Tough day all around.

Stay cool out there in BFE.

WWO

thanks Bill, we had a good time!
and yes, the tide was a bit goofy. the action shut down just before high tide, and never picked up again. the incoming tide was making some decent trenches & there was some bait jumping around, but fairly slow action for the most part.

Wingnut
08-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Big Perch, very nice! :EyePop:
Got your PM Jim, will reply later... :Wink: