PDA

View Full Version : Mid Summer Nights Dream Tournament Results

VineAssist
08-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Wow is all I can say after last night! A whopping 137 tournament entries turned out last night to ply the waters of Irvine Lake in search of a Catfish that would earn them a chance at a birth into the King/Queen of the Cats tournament and of course some cold hard cash. When I was breaking down the money for all the places I allmost thought I was back at one of our trout tournaments with the money being paid out, nevermind the near triple digit temperatures and desert thundershower that showed up around 6 or 7ish! Truly this was one of the most memorable Catfish Tournaments aside from the King/Queen of the Cats.
Anglers where reporting good fishing from various different locations along the lake. The Santiago Flats, West shore and Boat Dock Cove where all hot spots last night. Guys and Gals reported catching the Whiskerfish on Bite On Mack Bites, Bite On Shrimp, Mackeral, Chicken Livers, Berkley Gulp Dough heck some guys where even whacking them on the good ol' garden hackle (nightcrawler)! This author personally saw a lot of limits or near limits make their way to the scales and all of the fish where in that 2-9lb range and it became very apperant that this tournament was going to come down to the wire. On the water it looked amazing guys! With all of the bowlites and lights on some of the areas looked like "small cities" as patrol man Jerry Wall put it. From the shop it reminded me of driving in the mountains and looking out and seeing small cities on the horizon. Truly awesome turnout.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050705.jpg
Diana Cortez of Covina checked in this 4.6lb Channel Catfish pretty early on in the evening I want to say it was around 10pm. Her fish was the leader for allmost an hour and some change until she was dethorned from the poll position. Diana ended up catching 4 fish in her first ever time to Irvine Lake. The smile on her face says it all she had fun out here at Irvine Lake. Diana ended up placing in 15th place and was just one out of the final King/Queen of the Cats Tournament. Hopefully we will see her at the Last Chance Qualifier and in the top 10.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050707.jpg
The Capueleto Brothers of San Pedro are shown above with two quality Channel Catfish. Marc "Hometown" fish checked in at 5.0lbs even earning him 9th place in last nights tourny while John's fish weighed in at 4.14 earning him 10th place. Congratulations Capueleto's your going on the King/Queen of the Cats Tourny.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050710.jpg
What would an Irvine Lake Catfish Tournament report be like with out the Dynamic Duo!?!?!?! Chris "Trollmeister/ THE NIGHTMARE" Hagopian and Terry "Pontoon" Lairson are always in the running during these Tournaments and the Mid Summer Nights Dream Tournament was no different. Terry "Pontoon" Lairson checked in a very long 8.12 Channel Catfish earning him 2nd place while Mr Hagopian checked in a 6.14 earning him 4th place. All I can say is the Dynamic Duo strikes again! Now the real question is who is Batman and who is Robin in the pair!? Will let Trolly are pontoon answer this one! LOL!
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050708.jpg
And I havent typed these words in a bit 1st Place finisher Mr. "Ronson Catmando" Smothers of Los Angeles with a 9.0 Channel Catfish he caught while fishing the Flats with Mackeral. Congratulations to Catmando he earned it as he had a small village set up next to him for most of the tournament.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050709.jpg

1. Ronson Catmando Smothers 9.0
2.Terry Pontoon Lairson 8.12
3.Wayne Evans 8.6
4.Chris "Trollmeister" Hagopian 6.14

5.Phil Hilderbrandt 6.12
6.Craig Adkinson 5.12
7.Bob Barr 5.4
8. Mike England 5.4 time 12:50
9.Marc "hometown" Capelouto 5.0
10.John Capelouto 4.14
Also Since Three of the above anglers had allready qualified the next three in line and going to the King of the Cat Masters are
Dave Beaver 4.12
Miguel Flores 4.12
Thanh Pham 4.12

Once again guy and gals I would like to on behalf of our staff thank you for making this another tournament to remeber! It seems like each and every time these "little", not so much anymore, tournaments keep getting bigger and bigger! It was truly awesome when we broke 100 entries yesterday and people just kept getting into the pot! I cant really say I remeber a Catfish tournament paying out nearly $1,000 in prize money to the winner! Truly awesome!
Remeber guys and gals their is still one more tournament left in the qulaifing series! That would be the Last Chance Quaifier which will take place on Saturday September 1st! Big news for this event is Eddie and Tony of Angler Brothers have steped up and are going to be doing an intresting promotion at the tournament! For every Bite On Mac Bite or Bite On Shrimp you will be given a raffle ticket to win a prize that has yet to be determined! And the way these guys roll it is going to be something good trust me on that! Lets send the series off with a bang and try and top the numbers from last night Mid Summer Nights Dream.

Lastly I want to thank all of the guys and gals from Team 57! Seeing the BBQ yesterday and all the fimilar faces reminded me of the Dana days! It was great seeing that! I talked with Marc " Big Daddy" Christoph and Steve "Taper Steve" Christopher, and guys if i mixed up your last names sorry you two always confuse me with it, we want to do more of them! Look for some big things to come!
Tight Lines anglers,
Jimmy

dixoncider
08-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Nice report.. Now I wish I would have went...

fishfnatic
08-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Good job out there guys. Congrats to everyone on your winnings! Lot's of people I met last night at the Team 57 event placed, that is awesome, congrats to you guys, really good group of people.

Hitts0n
08-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks again Jimmy for you and the lakes support !!! Congrats to all !!

troutdog
08-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Thanks for all the solid reports and pictures Jimmy, you do a damn good job....we really appreciate the later hours on tourney nights. See you at the lake soon.

TD

OC ANGLER
08-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Congrats to all the winners !!

Which Way Out
08-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Good fun for everyone. Thanks for sharing.

WWO