PDA

View Full Version : Unbreakable Glass / Local Sharks

DockRat
08-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Dude is really pounding hard on it. Pick, Sledge Hammer, Forklift, hit it.
Strange. Anyone seen this stuff ?

http://www.wimp.com/unbreakableglass/

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p10/Maledictionandprayer/broken-glass-gif.gif

.................................................. ...........................

Sharks on the chew too.

20' Great White off Venice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqL20b7BYlY

http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/pacific_coast_shark_news.htm

Venice Beach — On August 9, 2012 KTLA News Los Angeles reported the following;“Nico Schwarcz may have been looking to catch some fish, but on Thursday he got a little more than he bargained for. The fisherman said he was about three miles off Venice Beach when a huge great white shark swam up to his friend's fishing boat. He said the shark was ‘slowly just circling looking at us......getting closer and closer pretty much.' The shark, which appeared larger than the 18-foot boat, seemed to get aggressive and left a few teeth marks on part of the motor. ‘It was definitely a big enough shark to knock the boat over,' Schwarcz said. Schwarcz and his friend shot some video of the shark then motored right back to shore. ‘Big daddy came around and started circling the boat and then started biting the boat and then we decided to leave,' he said.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

Gaviota State Park Pier — On August 9, 2012 the Santa Barbara Independent reported; “According to a few regular visitors to Gaviota State Park's pier, a large shark, believed by eye witnesses to be a great white, has been frequenting the area during the past week, swimming in close to the pier's pilings and, in one reported instance, chomping a fish right off a fisherman's line. The rumors come just two weeks after Santa Barbara City officials placed shark warning signs at several area beaches in the wake of an injured adult sea lion — believed by experts to have been on the receiving end of a great white shark bite — washing ashore. Those signs have since come down after 72 hours passed without any further incident.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

Dana Point — On August 5, 2012 Kevin Bryan and three unidentified companions were on board a 31 foot fishing vessel 10 miles South of Dana Point. It was 6:00 AM and they had been on the water about 1 hour. The sky was overcast with light variable winds. Recorded air and water temperatures were 62 and 69 degrees Fahrenheit, respectively. The sea was calm with a 1 – 2 foot mixed swell direction and 25 feet of underwater visibility in 200 feet of water. Bryan reported; “My friends and I each have more than 20 years of offshore fishing experience. We were heading South from Dana Point Harbor when we experienced a minor engine issue. We stopped to repair the issue with both engines off and were drifting 2 – 3 knots South with no anchor set. We first spotted and positively identified a Marlin moving at the surface, its fins and tail visible, approximately 25 feet North of the vessel. The Marlin was moving slowly at surface for approximately 3 minutes. After approximately 5 minutes with no surface observations, a relatively large fin was spotted extending vertically from the sea surface approximately 12 – 16 inches about 40 feet off the stern of the drifting vessel. The fin was observed by all four fishermen as was the tip of the tail, which was estimated by all on board to be located 8 – 10 feet behind the dorsal fin. We had live baitfish (sardines) onboard so we began throwing them in the general direction of the slowly circling shark. It had no obvious effect on the shark. It circled the vessel twice then disappeared. The engine repairs were completed and we continued South at 12 knots with no further observations of the shark.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

Newport Beach — On August 4, 2012 Chase Corum and Jason ‘Rookie' Hill were surfing the Wedge in Newport Beach. It was 1:00 PM with air and water temperatures estimated at 75 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit, respectively. There was a light southwest wind and a South swell 2 – 4 feet. Corum reported the following; “We saw the shark casually swimming in the surfline, as close as waist/chest deep water. The shark came to within 4 feet of me. It appeared and reappeared 3 times in a span of 5 minutes. There were approximately 20 people in water, including my friend Jason "Rookie" Hill, who took this photo with his waterproof GoPro camera. None of us attempted to approach shark, nor did we flee. The shark was about 24 inches in length with a distinct dark/white line. We went about bodysurfing as normal due to the shark's small size.” This is a newborn (neonate) Salmon Shark, Lamna ditropis, which are frequently observed in Southern California this time of year. Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

24 Inches long. :LOL:

La Jolla — On July 31, 2012 Matthew Blanchard and an unidentified dive companion were planning to freedive the Northwest kelp bed near La Jolla Canyon in La Jolla. It was 6:30 PM and they had been on the water for about 45 minutes. The sky was clear and the ocean calm with air and water temperatures estimated at 60 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit, respectively. The water was approximately 70 feet deep with water visibility about 15 feet. They observed 3 – 4 seals on the surface during their excursion out to the kelp bed. Blanchard reported; “We launched a 10 hp dinghy at about 5:45 PM at the La Jolla Boat Launch. We were going to freedive for California Yellowtail (Seriola lalandi dorsali). As we were motoring in our dingy in search of a good location along the edge of the kelp bed cruising at ~10 mph, a shark appeared in front of our dinghy. Before we could react we ‘ran over' the shark, which was thought to be about 3 feet wide and more than 8 feet in length. When I looked back I saw the shark's head, gills, and a distinct line where the color changed from dark to white. We decided it best not to dive the area.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

Topanga State Beach — On July 31, 2012 Jared Tennison was surfing at Topanga State Beach, located north of Sunset Beach. It was 6:45 AM and he had been on the water about 45 minutes. It was overcast with an estimated air temperature of 65 degrees Fahrenheit. The ocean was calm and about 20 feet deep over a rocky bottom with an estimated temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Water visibility was limited due to very murky conditions. Pelicans and Sea Gulls were diving on baitfish in the area that would occasionally ‘jump' out of the water. No marine mammals were observed in the area. Tennison reported; “I was sitting on my board about 100 yards out from shore when all of a sudden I felt a bump on my leg. I looked down and saw something dark grey and felt something move against my board. I thought I had drifted shallower and hit a rock (trying to avoid thinking shark) but I realized I was still in deeper water. I then felt a large jolt against the bottom of my board and at the same time something pressing lightly against my leg. I was knocked off my board into the water by the impact. My hand brushed against something and got a bunch of small cuts. When I fell off my board I felt a huge rush of water push me parallel to the beach. I then sprinted to shore dragging my board and watched for 30 minutes but never saw the shark again.” This is the fifth authenticated shark attack this year from the Pacific Coast. Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii626/hawky-eye/Funny%20Crap/tumblr_m402v3kamC1r2zydno1_500-1.gif