PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 8/11 - 8/12

P.A.W.
08-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Spent all day (till 11:00) on LMB Saturday. Really tough bite. They were taking the claws off my jig-trailer but that's it. Had some followers on my jerkbait and swim baits but no takers. Went back Sunday and straight to the inlet. 1st cast and fish on. They were few and far between, but managed 3 stripers by 8:00. Started poking around for LMB and had the same tough luck from Saturday. Ended up on the shallow flat in front of swimmers cove parked near my friend Bill. After about 1/2 hour a boil came up about 100yds out in open water. I chased that thing around for almost an hour. They would come up..... then down..... up again etc... Like a few weeks ago they just didn't want to bite. I threw maybe a total of 50 casts in and around them and got only one taker. But it was fun.

JAG107
08-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Seems like the inlet is your new favorite spot! Seems to be fairly productive for you. Man, the boil chasing can be frustrating but it sure is a blast! Seems like when they key in on some small baitfish, our offerings just don't feel right to them and they get ignored sometimes.

P.A.W.
08-13-2012, 06:06 AM
The one problem with the inlet is that you pretty much have to be one of the 1st 3 boats there. Otherwise you can'r really get a decent cast in. That and the fact the bite is usually over in an hour. This too will change with the season. I have a new weapon tied on for the next boil....... stay tuned :Idea: