PDA

View Full Version : Castaic to be closed Tues morn for Copper Sulfate treatment

cutbait
08-12-2012, 09:49 AM
I got word from a reliable Castaic cohort that Tues Am the lake will be closed for "treatment"

Heads up if your pllanning on going.

Please no name calling in this thread, I'm just spreading the word.

cutbait
08-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Here's your proof

http://www.castaiclake.com/

cutbait
08-12-2012, 10:00 AM
I guess with the blue stoning the evil boil hoards will not be an issue for awhile

allIdoIsfish
08-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Please no name calling in this thread, I'm just spreading the word.

LOL:Angry:

Sebastian323
08-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Would this have a negative effect on the fishing?

cutbait
08-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Would this have a negative effect on the fishing?

I believe it does. It effects carp the most from my experience but is toxic to fish

Fishthewhaler
08-12-2012, 11:02 AM
I guess with the blue stoning the evil boil hoards will not be an issue for awhile

You are twisting my arm to go mon instead..thanks for the heads up,guess I have to give the Whaler a bath today!

kaneo
08-12-2012, 02:52 PM
why are the bluestoning ? there is no weeds or major algee anywhere on the lake ? crazy..

cutbait
08-12-2012, 03:03 PM
There must be something under the surface thats causing them problems. They just don't "treat" as a precaution.. too much $$$

But yeah I agree, the surface isn't bad

trail blazer
08-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Great job my BAKO BROTHER,,,,,,,,,,,NOW we will have the lake all to ourselves tuesday morn,,,,,,,,,BOILSBOILSBOILS!!!!!!!

T/B

MonsterGuppy
08-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Great job my BAKO BROTHER,,,,,,,,,,,NOW we will have the lake all to ourselves tuesday morn,,,,,,,,,BOILSBOILSBOILS!!!!!!!

T/B

lol where theres a will theres a way :) was out today (Sunday) 8am to@ 3p, only single fish boils water temp @81 now thats a bathtub.

TroutOnly
08-12-2012, 07:19 PM
T/b carpboy told me t/b really stands for titty /baby,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

trail blazer
08-12-2012, 08:10 PM
T/b carpboy told me t/b really stands for titty /baby,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

LOLOLOLOL,,,,NICEEEEEEEEEE!

Yep!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,autta see me try and bait and waite,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,even when im slaying i whine,,lol,,,beats all!

T/B

Mr.DieHard
08-12-2012, 09:42 PM
how much time will it be until the fishing is back to normal after they do this?

cutbait
08-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Who knows? May not even effect it or may kill the bite totally.

With the blue stone it targets algae and then were talking water clarity, the toxicity of the amount of blue stone added, the effects on the micro organisms that are living on the algae on up the food chain..

Too many variables

Id find it interesting how they apply it. Crop duster or drip through inflow or some other method.

Anyone see how they distribute it?

Voice-of-Reason
08-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Helicopter.

fishinone
08-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Last year the boils went sub surface for a while. They were still there but they were harder to find.

I'm fishing at the end of the week but I think I'll shy away from Castaic for fish that I
plan to eat.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-13-2012, 09:43 AM
The main question to be asked is: what will it do to the shad...thats the core for the action currently at the lake, and we're not even talking about a temporary possible screwup, it could be long term if the shad die off...

Only one way to see for sure, I've been going there about every other day sometime daily....I'll check it wednesday and compare notes for the action...

I am remaining possitive but I've seen bluestone turn a lake upside down with dead action.....I don't want to beleive this so I will remain positive

Only time will tel for sure

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-13-2012, 10:11 AM
My thoughts are we will be ok as long as they don’t overdose the lake, those things MUST be at the specific parts per millionth of water or however they determine those prescribed measurements…

If they don’t overuse that stuff it’s not supposed to affect things…problem is that shad are very sensitive plus this may kill some of what the shad are eating

We’ll see

P.S.
Just to confirm, I've seen a sign that the lake will be closed August14th all day...it didn't say for bluestoning but that makes sense now.

koifish
08-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Last year the boils went sub surface for a while. They were still there but they were harder to find.

I'm fishing at the end of the week but I think I'll shy away from Castaic for fish that I
plan to eat.
they did blue stone around mid September last year when the shads were big and closed to shore. A few days later, fishing was still good. This year the weather is hot they do earlier!!!!. It might be effected the shad since they are still small!!! I am planning to go 1st trip out this Thursday but may change the plan...

hopefully the bite is still good.

Voice-of-Reason
08-13-2012, 10:46 AM
I doubt it will affect the bite much. Like mentioned, it didn't last year. I recall small dosage last year to treat taste and odor of water. I think I even asked my meter reader lady about it last year and she said it was most likely for odor and taste that they treated? Hopefully it's the same this year? My buddy from Moreno Valley that fishes Perris often says they treat that lake pretty much every year and he didn't mention fish die offs or anything like that.

blackberg
08-13-2012, 11:03 AM
if they do it right, it should not affect anything, but more often that not, they tend to over do it and add too much.

I was planning on goign thursday for the first time this year, lets see how it goes
-bb