PDA

View Full Version : Two words,LAKER GANG !!!

Hitts0n
08-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Steve Nash,Kobe Bryant,Antwon Jamison,Paul Gasol,Dwight Howard,Metta World Peace !!!

Just hand us our rings now !! LOS ANGELES LAKERS BABY !!

Carry on....

one time
08-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Hellllllllllllllll yeah!!!!!!!!

Lakerfan160
08-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Its about damn time they decided to trade dwight....look out Heat, lakers coming back for the title!

LuckyCraft420
08-10-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree. But how do you put Antwan Jamison in Meta's starting position? Meta is better, and Antwan is a power forward...

white belt
08-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Jamison can play SF and has in the past, but I agree Ron should start. whatever we got Dwight!!!! Hahahaha hell yes cant believe Mitch did it again. BTW lakers also signed Jodie Meeks. Wow!

seal
08-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Jamison can play SF and has in the past, but I agree Ron should start. whatever we got Dwight!!!! Hahahaha hell yes cant believe Mitch did it again. BTW lakers also signed Jodie Meeks. Wow!

Oh crap now I gotta agree with white belt, what's this world com'n to?

This is going to be fun, hope the Laker's can return us to the glory days, I'm thinking Magic coming off the bench to take over for Steve Nash, we can only dream....

Hitts0n
08-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I agree. But how do you put Antwan Jamison in Meta's starting position? Meta is better, and Antwan is a power forward...

I just listed the fact that we have all these good players! The Lakers have a championship team !! Its on !

LuckyCraft420
08-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Getting rid of The overpaid Luke Walton makes the Lakers better than aquiring Jamison, haha. Really when was the last time he was productive for more than a 1/4 of the season... When he went to the Wizards back in 04? Don't get me wrong I am a die hard Laker fan, and the additions this off season are going in the right direction. But our bench is still thin. Jamison is not going to come off the bench and take over a game scoring. He'll just hit his high percentage shots, that he's expected to make. I like Matt Barnes energy coming off the bench, but he can't consistently score. But who is the back up point guard and power forward that can score consistently...? Lakers don't have the championship in the bag, but they have made a few trades needed be competitive next season.

white belt
08-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Oh crap now I gotta agree with white belt, what's this world com'n to?

This is going to be fun, hope the Laker's can return us to the glory days, I'm thinking Magic coming off the bench to take over for Steve Nash, we can only dream....

Hahaha if we're talking rings we're speaking the same language!! Shaq is gonna be hating it.

Hitts0n
08-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes i'm sure all of us would like to see our bench improve.But if the lakers made it to the playoffs with what we had,im sure we can hit the finals with what we have now.I think the energy level will be so high,that the bench will also step it up big! Sessiona nd Barnes will still be backing up Nash and whoever they decide.Think positive !!

fishfnatic
08-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Is it wrong to say I am "cautiously optimistic" about the up coming season?

white belt
08-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes i'm sure all of us would like to see our bench improve.But if the lakers made it to the playoffs with what we had,im sure we can hit the finals with what we have now.I think the energy level will be so high,that the bench will also step it up big! Sessiona nd Barnes will still be backing up Nash and whoever they decide.Think positive !!

Sessions signed with CHA and they didnt pick up the option for Barnes. I think Murphy is gone too but we replaced them with waaaay better guys like Meeks and Jamison.

Ian
08-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Devin Ebanks coming back on board too? Blake is still here.

PvilleYaker
08-16-2012, 08:39 AM
The question will be, can they play together? Nash is run and gun, Dwight is defense and slow it down, Gasol looks lost, Kobe needs to touch the ball and shoot 1000 times per game and Artest is still a dysfunctional lunatic. I see a meltdown. Kobe will be Kobe and start his Hollywood drama with Howard like he did with Shaq. In simple terms, too many bulls in one pin, no bueno for los lakers. I'm not a Laker fan but will cheer on the West before the East. Can the coaching staff keep this circus in check and focused? Remember, Kobe was already questioning the coach last year. Kobe will be the determining factor.

On a better note, DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catfish 17
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
The question will be, can they play together? Nash is run and gun, Dwight is defense and slow it down, Gasol looks lost, Kobe needs to touch the ball and shoot 1000 times per game and Artest is still a dysfunctional lunatic. I see a meltdown. Kobe will be Kobe and start his Hollywood drama with Howard like he did with Shaq. In simple terms, too many bulls in one pin, no bueno for los lakers. I'm not a Laker fan but will cheer on the West before the East. Can the coaching staff keep this circus in check and focused? Remember, Kobe was already questioning the coach last year. Kobe will be the determining factor.

Bro ur probably 1 of 1,000 to say that that its gonna be a meltdown! No way this is going to be a meltdown, ur talking about the best players that there is in the game these days! I am a crazy laker fan and watch every single game of them. I go to lots of games every year. in fact, i already have some courtside vs phoenix, wanted to go see nash ball up his old team lol

Mr T-rex
08-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Getting rid of The overpaid Luke Walton makes the Lakers better than aquiring Jamison, haha. Really when was the last time he was productive for more than a 1/4 of the season... When he went to the Wizards back in 04? Don't get me wrong I am a die hard Laker fan, and the additions this off season are going in the right direction. But our bench is still thin. Jamison is not going to come off the bench and take over a game scoring. He'll just hit his high percentage shots, that he's expected to make. I like Matt Barnes energy coming off the bench, but he can't consistently score. But who is the back up point guard and power forward that can score consistently...? Lakers don't have the championship in the bag, but they have made a few trades needed be competitive next season.

Im pretty sure we can use jamison 17pts off the bench ! Just saying ..

Piss on Myspace
08-19-2012, 07:04 AM

Gasol looks lost...hahhahah
Nash is a team player that excels when running a team offense...team is the keyword here...somebody let kobe know cuz after how many years in the league, hell still doesnt understand the concept...kobe begged nash to sign but l bet he'll ***** when hes standing at halfcourt, expecting the rock cause hes open. #24 is still a good player, just not what he used to be...in order for the lakers to win, kobe needs to let nash run the offense and get the big men more touches than last year, this in turn would mean less attempts and points for kobe and im pretty sure we all know how he feels about that...dont hold your breath unless your running low.

And btw, nash is a point guard not a shooting guard!!! Kobe cant expect to run point and be able to kick out to nash and have him drain the three everytime...things need to change if they want the title

DarkShadow
11-02-2012, 10:11 AM
So like, the season's started, right?

Mr T-rex
11-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes sir 0-2

So like, the season's started, right?

DarkShadow
11-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Yes sir 0-2

0 - 2 ?!?!

I thought we anointed them and started the design for the rings already!

That's ok, we'll be 1 - 2 after beating the stepchildren called the Clippers. They're probably already 0 - 2 as well.

City Dad
11-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Man, I'm really tryin' to care about basketball... to give me something to look forward to during the long months of January, February and March... but I just can't. Please, someone give me a compelling story line to cling to!!!

DarkShadow
11-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Please, someone give me a compelling story line to cling to!!!

How about a few story lines?

How about Kobe telling everyone to shut up (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20780545/kobe-bryant-to-critics-shut-up-let-us-work)?

Or how about Mike Brown being on the brink of being fired (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2012/10/31/kobe-bryant-mike-brown-los-angeles-lakers-dallas-mavericks/1670675/) after every loss?

How about the fact the Lakeshow can't get back on transition D?

Or how about the Cleveland Cavaliers having a better record to start the year?

How about the fact that many analysts are saying the best team to be playing at the Staples isn't the Purple and Gold but rather the Blue and the Red?

So i say the championship parade route should go down Figueroa again, and we can have it ticker tape style, where people can throw confetti on them from the high rises.

reservoir dog
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Expectations from everyone are high this season with nothing less than a championship. Unfortunately the Lakers are yet to win especially after going winless during the preseason. Based on the last 2 games they look lost on the court. I know they're running a new system but they've gotta get their act together. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan and wanna see them win but the coaching sucks! Personally I don't think Mike Brown was ever a good choice as head coach for this franchise. Tonight should be a good game.

DarkShadow
11-02-2012, 01:17 PM
I know they're running a new system but they've gotta get their act together. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan and wanna see them win but the coaching sucks!

Bro, 2 words, LAKER GANG!

We are going to go undefeated this year! Nash is the greatest point guard since El Magico! Eff Shaq, Dwight is the real Superman. And Michael Yordan was overrated, Kobe is the greatest of all times!

DarkShadow
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
The Mamba is now concerned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-x9NuO_Og

Jerry Sloan to L.A. by December 1. Book it.

DarkShadow
11-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Look at these Laker Bros:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185tnmdarm21dgif/original.gif

:Rolls Eyes:

fishinarteest
11-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Well i'm looking forward to seeing mike d'antoni lead the lakers against the, nets is it. still a little dissapointed they didn't get phil jackson back, even though he would've come back.

EL JEFE
11-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Sorry Laker fans.....Heat will win it again this year. LeBron is simply the best player in the league (and will be for the next decade or so). For the most part, he is basically unstoppable. Too big, too strong, to skilled for any player to defend. As coach K said this past summer, he's the best he's ever seen. With Wade and the addition of the 3 point king, they are very hard to beat. Prediction....Heat in East and OKC or SAS out of the West.

NOTE: I was a long time Laker fan....but after management let go of Riley AND West.....no MAS!! Two hall of famers and former Laker players and you let them both walk?????? Hell, Riley invented 3-Peat!!! I think he's gonna have another 3-Peat real soon!!

DarkShadow
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Sorry Laker fans.....

Hey fellow Laker fans, I've been in County for the past 30 days on a trumped up charge! WTF!

(I didn't know you couldn't use dynamite at Legg Lake to catch fish, my bad)

Have the Lakers surpassed the Oklahoma Thunder for best record in the West yet?! Who's hosting the Laker Finals party?! Do the Clippers still suck?!

I've been outta the loop. Someone get me up to speed.

City Dad
01-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Hey fellow Laker fans, I've been in County for the past 30 days on a trumped up charge! WTF!

(I didn't know you couldn't use dynamite at Legg Lake to catch fish, my bad)

Have the Lakers surpassed the Oklahoma Thunder for best record in the West yet?! Who's hosting the Laker Finals party?! Do the Clippers still suck?!

I've been outta the loop. Someone get me up to speed.

I think they're gonna trade a guy named Powel Gashaul

DarkShadow
01-24-2013, 04:12 PM
I think they're gonna trade a guy named Powel Gashaul

WHAT!?

And break up the Laker Gang?!

fishinarteest
01-24-2013, 08:20 PM
WHAT!?

And break up the Laker Gang?!

Yea, i think they really need to trade a guy named Dwight Howard.

DarkShadow
01-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Laker gang is back!

casting call
01-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Laker gang is back!
No theyre not, they lost to the Suns.. well, maybe their season starts the next game...lol

DarkShadow
01-31-2013, 11:08 AM
No theyre not, they lost to the Suns.. well, maybe their season starts the next game...lol

And to think I even took my Laker flag outta the trash and even got the Cutlass waxed and the 24s shined up. :-\

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9996/lakergang.jpg

LbcLakers
02-05-2013, 09:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnx2mV9VH4I
good team win tonight, too bad we might not have dwight or gasol next game vs boston

DarkShadow
02-06-2013, 04:44 PM
good team win tonight, too bad we might not have dwight or gasol next game vs boston

Not to fear.

We have this guy on the team:

http://losthatsportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/KobeStaresBrown.gif

So I'm checking out Stephen A Smith interviewing Superman, and I hear this:

"For me, even sitting down in this chair right now is causing my legs to go numb and having this tingly sensation all the way down my legs."

Glad to see that back surgery worked!! (Although for someone whose arms and hands ALSO go numb when attempting free throws plays through that, I don't know why he can't play through his back acting up.)

And then Pa-oww! Gasoft has a torn plantar fascia. Out 6 weeks.

There goes that trade, unless some other team wants a soft seven foot big man with weak feet.

But if he DOES get traded, at least he'll have the satisfaction of listening to Kobe interviews where the Mamba places the blame on D'Antoni and Howard, and no longer on him.

Piss on Myspace
02-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Two words....gang bang.

I laugh at that cluster f#*k every time i watch a game...now i tune in just to see how bad they're gonna lose...no more playoffs and no more rings for kobe. I would use a crying emoticon, but 24 already played that out, claiming foul cuz he missed the shot.

DarkShadow
02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
I would use a crying emoticon, but 24 already played that out, claiming foul cuz he missed the shot.

You know, I am noticing more and more that The Sad Mamba doesn't get the Jordan-esque calls from the refs anymore.

What gives?! 8 years ago, if an opposing player looked at #8/#24 wrong, they'd get a foul called on them.

It's almost like the refs don't respect him anymore.

EL JEFE
02-12-2013, 09:42 PM
This is the present and future of the NBA......

Just set a record today.....30+ points in last 6 consecutive games at 60% from the field!!!!

DarkShadow
02-13-2013, 01:04 PM

Just set a record today.....30+ points in last 6 consecutive games at 60% from the field!!!!

Blasphemy!

How dare you bring up the best player in the game today on a Kobe thread.

Piss on Myspace
02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
You know, I am noticing more and more that The Sad Mamba doesn't get the Jordan-esque calls from the refs anymore.

What gives?! 8 years ago, if an opposing player looked at #8/#24 wrong, they'd get a foul called on them.

It's almost like the refs don't respect him anymore.

Bwahahaha "the sad mamba"

Its not that they don't respect him, they just realized he cries more than truck chasers when its delayed a day...and if that was to continue, the whole opposing team would be fouled out with how many shots 24 takes nowadays

DarkShadow
02-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Bwahahaha "the sad mamba"

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3668/sadmamba.jpg

Piss on Myspace
02-14-2013, 02:07 AM
Less professional and a bit more comical 39106

DockRat
03-06-2013, 06:18 AM
Lakers won 7 of the last 10...
Yaaaaaaah

fishinarteest
03-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Meh lebron is the best player but I don't like him. Can't wait till Durant surpasses him. And for all the people on kobes nuts, Durant is second to lebron James, not kobe. Kobe hasn't been second for a while. He may be 4th but not second.

DarkShadow
03-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Lakers!!

Laaaaakerrrrrrs!!!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185ty5h3kpanmgif/original.gif

Playoffs here we come.

fishinarteest
03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Lakers!!

Laaaaakerrrrrrs!!!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185ty5h3kpanmgif/original.gif

Playoffs here we come.

Till we get knocked out first round.

EL JEFE
03-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Till we get knocked out first round.

My guess.......they don't make the playoffs. Durant will not surpass LBJ in the near future. He's younger, so he may when LBJ reaches mid 30's. By then, LBJ should have 7 titles, and along the way, surpassing Jordan in every record. Can you tell, Ima LBJ/Heat fan!!

I actually hope SAS can knock out OKC and meet the Heat in the finals. I think their size presents a better challenge for Miami.

fishinarteest
03-10-2013, 01:33 PM
My guess.......they don't make the playoffs. Durant will not surpass LBJ in the near future. He's younger, so he may when LBJ reaches mid 30's. By then, LBJ should have 7 titles, and along the way, surpassing Jordan in every record. Can you tell, Ima LBJ/Heat fan!!

I actually hope SAS can knock out OKC and meet the Heat in the finals. I think their size presents a better challenge for Miami.

I want the pacers to beat the heat. The heat got there championship, I wanna see the pacers go this time. Mainly cuz I like paul George and I think he deserves a title. Plus me and George are from the same city. But there's no doubt that the heat have trouble with big teams like the pacers, Cuz the get rebounded on by big teams, and big teams pound em inside. I guess you could say IMA semi heat fan, but I know they'll win several more championships so I would like to see someone else go this year. But if it does end up okc and Miami again I know Miami will take the win because okc can't learn to develop an inside game on these guys. As far as SAS there to old, they'll get knocked out in the playoffs because they can't play in a series, there too old to maintain a good enough consistent level of play for a playoff series. And the clippers aren't even in the discussion till next year or the year after.

fishinarteest
03-10-2013, 01:55 PM

I want the pacers to beat the heat. The heat got there championship, I wanna see the pacers go this time. Mainly cuz I like paul George and I think he deserves a title. Plus me and George are from the same city. But there's no doubt that the heat have trouble with big teams like the pacers, Cuz the get rebounded on by big teams, and big teams pound em inside. I guess you could say IMA semi heat fan, but I know they'll win several more championships so I would like to see someone else go this year. But if it does end up okc and Miami again I know Miami will take the win because okc can't learn to develop an inside game on these guys. As far as SAS there to old, they'll get knocked out in the playoffs because they can't play in a series, there too old to maintain a good enough consistent level of play for a playoff series. And the clippers aren't even in the discussion till next year or the year after.

FishinElectrician
03-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Sole possession of the 8 seed in the Western Conference... Lake Show is lookin good!

Oh, and Im LMAO @ the person who said lebrick will have 7 titles!!! Its gonna be hard to do that when hes playin in cleveland again next season, without wade and bosh... But then again, he might decide to take a paycut of several million, and display some loyalty to a team for once. Highly unlikely though... And it will be even harder so when the NBA starts testing for HGH... LOL

DarkShadow
03-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Sole possession of the 8 seed in the Western Conference... Lake Show is lookin good!

If they remain the 8 seed, they're gonna POUND San Antonio, AMIRIGHT FELLAS?!

Speaking of pounding, I loved this one from LA's JV team:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18h639y3w5bgbgif/ku-medium.gif

fishinarteest
03-13-2013, 12:15 PM

Oh, and Im LMAO @ the person who said lebrick will have 7 titles!!! Its gonna be hard to do that when hes playin in cleveland again next season, without wade and bosh... But then again, he might decide to take a paycut of several million, and display some loyalty to a team for once. Highly unlikely though... And it will be even harder so when the NBA starts testing for HGH... LOL

actually Utah last win bumped us out, then the Lakers win put us back in it. if the Lakers lose to the hawks today and Utah beats okc(good luck to Utah) then Utah takes seed again. But if both Utah and la lose then i think Utah gets seed again anyway. I think. As far as lebron, hes been acknowledged as the best player currently in the nba, sooooo its safe to say at least a few more titles are in his future. Kobe's era is just about over, I honestly don't see the Lakers going to the championship. especially because of the difficult teams that are in the west that they'd have to face. Honestly the Lakers will get smashed by San Antonio in the first round of the playoffs. if the Lakers make it to 7th seed then they'll get smashed by okc. and trust me there not getting to any higher than 7th seed, if they even make it to seventh. Lakers championship era is over, i hate to say it, but until the lakers start building around dwight howard(once kobe leaves) then they'll take some more titles. Simply put if the lakers win this title, I will attempt to eat my shoe.

DarkShadow
03-13-2013, 02:22 PM
I honestly don't see the Lakers going to the championship. especially because of the difficult teams that are in the west that they'd have to face. Honestly the Lakers will get smashed by San Antonio in the first round of the playoffs. if the Lakers make it to 7th seed then they'll get smashed by okc.

Wait, then WTF is up with the media blitz about the Lakers getting into the Playoffs?

I have been deceived. :-\

Then again, what's with the assumption that Dwight is going to re-sign with the Lakers?

Damn this media.

fishinarteest
03-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Wait, then WTF is up with the media blitz about the Lakers getting into the Playoffs?

I have been deceived. :-\

Then again, what's with the assumption that Dwight is going to re-sign with the Lakers?

Damn this media.
Kobe sprained his ankle and is out indefinitely Lakers season is over. no playoffs no championship

koifish
03-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Kobe sprained his ankle and is out indefinitely Lakers season is over. no playoffs no championship

Kobe is a warrior. he will plah through a pain. Will be back next week same time with Gasol.

fishinarteest
03-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Kobe is a warrior. he will plah through a pain. Will be back next week same time with Gasol.

Oh please don't bring back gasoft. I like the lineup as is, Earl Clark is doing work.

DarkShadow
03-15-2013, 03:16 PM

Kobe, G.O.A.T!

He'll play through the injury and get us to the promise land!

fishinarteest
03-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Kobe, G.O.A.T!

He'll play through the injury and get us to the promise land!

Kobe played 12 mins and missed 4 of his 4 shots before going out permanently. For anyone who has severely sprained an ankle you should be able to understand why Kobe left.

FishinElectrician
03-16-2013, 03:14 PM
If kobe is done, the Lakers are done... Enough said

fishinarteest
03-16-2013, 08:09 PM

Well they beat the pacers yesterday. They can at least win some games until kobe comes back.

billy b
03-18-2013, 01:21 PM

unfortunately Ko-me won't be gone long enough

Listen to all the pundits talk about how the ball moves when he's out

fishinarteest
03-18-2013, 10:00 PM
unfortunately Ko-me won't be gone long enough

Listen to all the pundits talk about how the ball moves when he's out

true, but they need kobe for this stretch to the playoffs. mainly because kobe forces wins for them, if kobe wants the win they get it.

fishinarteest
03-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Im starting to think that the laker should just give up and say screw playoffs this year. Honestly with the way there playing, san antonio is gonna knock em out in 4 games smh.

Piss on Myspace
03-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Im starting to think that the laker should just give up and say screw playoffs this year. Honestly with the way there playing, san antonio is gonna knock em out in 4 games smh.

The smartest thing anyone has said on this thread...

Get a good look at it now as this will be the last time a laker holds the trophy for a long while....finally the Sad Mamba has something to cry about.

Picture was taken while attending a Clippers game. :Pee:Lakers

R.I.P. Jerry

fishinarteest
03-31-2013, 12:23 AM
The smartest thing anyone has said on this thread...

Get a good look at it now as this will be the last time a laker holds the trophy for a long while....finally the Sad Mamba has something to cry about.

Picture was taken while attending a Clippers game. :Pee:Lakers

R.I.P. Jerry

BelieveBelieve it or not its not Kobe that completely kills there games. Its there lapses in defense, if I'm a 6'2 point guard I shouldn't be able to attack the basket and score on a 7'1 power forward. Yes I'm referring to you gasol. And I'm glad Howard is getting back to being himself but he still has "watdoido watdoido" moments on defense. Kobe tries too hard to shoot himself out of slumps, and Nash needs to actually step up a little more. At this point metta is the most consistent player on the team.

koifish
04-01-2013, 10:35 AM

they're screwed up some easy games at home .....specially the game with washington....hard to get to playoff....think about playing with Spurs!!!

DarkShadow
04-29-2013, 09:04 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2540973/howarddealwithit.gif

reservoir dog
04-29-2013, 09:22 AM
I knew the Lakers would not get far into the playoffs. And when Kobe went down I knew it was all over. Personally I feel the Lakers could of did without Howard, Nash and D'Antoni this season.

fishinarteest
04-29-2013, 12:43 PM
I knew the Lakers would not get far into the playoffs. And when Kobe went down I knew it was all over. Personally I feel the Lakers could of did without Howard, Nash and D'Antoni this season.

No, they could of done without d'antoni. nash when he was on the suns was doing kobe type stuff singlehandedly leading his team to the playoffs year after year, and same goes for howard. What killed there chances was kobe being extra ballhoggy this year, howard having a surgery right before the start season that leaves most people dang near incapacitated for a year, then having to play such a physical position such as center with said injury. nash was to used to kobe being the go to guy, that nash basically just became a role player,and gasol was soft all year up until the end. And the lakers had to completely change there style of offense and defense come post season. Plus D'antoni is an idiot who couldn't even coach one of the best players on the planet properly(carmelo anthony) so why on earth was he expected to be able to coach the lakers is beyond me. Plus the lakers were old slow and banged up. I however am with gasol when he said that he would be surprised if there were no changes to the roster during the summer. The lakers need a couple of young athletic scorers who are free agents. Anyone betting that monta ellis, jr smith, or josh smith might end up on the lakers next year?

bman90278
04-29-2013, 01:21 PM

I'm not a fan of D'Antoni as the Lakers coach, but their quick exit is definitely not his fault. Their current injuries made the Lakers put out a mediocre team on the floor.

Hopefully Jim Buss will let Mitch K made some decisions and get them back into the thick of things next year.

-b

DarkShadow
04-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Anyone betting that monta ellis, jr smith, or josh smith might end up on the lakers next year?

I'll take that bet. I'll bet that the Lakers don't pick up any of those guys.

You realize that Jim "Short" Buss, is now running the team, right?

fishinarteest
04-29-2013, 02:02 PM
I'll take that bet. I'll bet that the Lakers don't pick up any of those guys.

You realize that Jim "Short" Buss, is now running the team, right?

Oh yeah I forgot. Dang it

DarkShadow
06-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Another Jim "Short" Buss venture:

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/lakers_billboard_stayd12_dwight_howard_062713b.jpg

This is getting embarrassing. Have some pride, Laker brass. This is what it has come down to. Begging that POS to stay? Your dad is rolling over in his grave.

Here Jim, I fixed it for you:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1691/6egh.jpg

reservoir dog
06-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Those billboards are just embarrassing and pathetic! Talk about desperate measures! It seems obvious and likely he will not sign with the Lakers so they should just trade him and get something in return. He's pulling the same stunt he did to Orlando.

MarkyMark
06-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Another Jim "Short" Buss venture:

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/lakers_billboard_stayd12_dwight_howard_062713b.jpg

This is getting embarrassing. Have some pride, Laker brass. This is what it has come down to. Begging that POS to stay? Your dad is rolling over in his grave.

Here Jim, I fixed it for you:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1691/6egh.jpg

Just swallow your pride and adopt the Clippers..I did!!!

MM

reservoir dog
06-27-2013, 03:03 PM

MM

In other words you're saying..."Jump on the Clipper bandwagon...I did!!!" A true fan will stick by their team whether they win or lose. Hey the Clippers were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs just like the Lakers. I won't deny the Clippers talent and excitement but I'm still a Laker fan regardless.

MarkyMark
06-27-2013, 03:10 PM
In other words you're saying..."Jump on the Clipper bandwagon...I did!!!" A true fan will stick by their team whether they win or lose. Hey the Clippers were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs just like the Lakers. I won't deny the Clippers talent and excitement but I'm still a Laker fan regardless.

Nope. Not ditching the Lakers and jumping on the Clippers bandwagon...just acknowledging that Lakers are on the downswing and the Clippers are on the upswing. I guess what I'm really saying is that I will pay attention to the Clippers more than I did before. I actually went to a Clippers game for the 1st time this year...more affordable

DockRat
06-28-2013, 06:40 AM

MM

LOL, You probably have Chicago Bulls gear in the attic.
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr254/jonredsox/Bandwagon_Final.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/jonredsox/media/Bandwagon_Final.jpg.html)

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc520/rickiroma1/lakersgonnalake.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/rickiroma1/media/lakersgonnalake.gif.html)

MarkyMark
06-28-2013, 07:53 AM
LOL, You probably have Chicago Bulls gear in the attic.
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr254/jonredsox/Bandwagon_Final.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/jonredsox/media/Bandwagon_Final.jpg.html)

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc520/rickiroma1/lakersgonnalake.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/rickiroma1/media/lakersgonnalake.gif.html)

DR, you & your little video/photo snippets kill me! What's wrong with admitting that the Clippers are better than Lakers right now? Clippers are makin moves to get themselves better by hiring Doc Rivers & Lakers turn down Uncle Phil & hire Mike D? I don't see the Clips practicallly begging an overated "center" with little to no offensive moves to stay here when that person hasn't said publicly he wants to stay as of yet. C'mon dude. I'm 53 years old, grew up here. Lakers fan. How does that translate into being a bandwagoner? I'm a realist...

MM

fishinarteest
07-01-2013, 03:28 PM
DR, you & your little video/photo snippets kill me! What's wrong with admitting that the Clippers are better than Lakers right now? Clippers are makin moves to get themselves better by hiring Doc Rivers & Lakers turn down Uncle Phil & hire Mike D? I don't see the Clips practicallly begging an overated "center" with little to no offensive moves to stay here when that person hasn't said publicly he wants to stay as of yet. C'mon dude. I'm 53 years old, grew up here. Lakers fan. How does that translate into being a bandwagoner? I'm a realist...

MM
And what will you do when the clippers suck again.lol, switching back and forth from winning teams makes you a bandwagon fan.

At least thats what your original comment came off as.

DarkShadow
07-02-2013, 10:05 AM
THREE MORE YEARS! THREE MORE YEARS!

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/130701kobebryant_legacy

I feel pretty damn confident I can be at a high level for at least another three years. I feel like how I was playing last year—I know I'll be healthy and I'll be ready to go this year. I know what I can bring. And I think I can easily do that for another three years.

3 more years of Kobe. If my Laker Math calculator is right, that's 2 more rings for the Sad Mamba!

reservoir dog
07-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Would like to see Kobe get more rings but he's only as good as the team that surrounds him. If they keep signing dinosaurs then the Lakers will never beat these young run n' gun teams. Did you hear "The Machine" is coming back next season? The Lakers need shooters badly.

DarkShadow
07-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Would like to see Kobe get more rings but he's only as good as the team that surrounds him. If they keep signing dinosaurs then the Lakers will never beat these young run n' gun teams. Did you hear "The Machine" is coming back next season? The Lakers need shooters badly.

You know, I think that in 3 years, Kobe definitely has the ability to get two more rings.

But, it all depends on whether Vanessa asks for necklaces instead. :-D

The Lakers need shooters badly.

And a coach...a new front office....some point guards....some big men....

fishinarteest
07-03-2013, 03:23 PM

I see kobe with maybe one more ring before he retires. but your right, they can't keep surrounding him with aarp members. We need sessions back to take care of our pg problem, then we need a sf who can defend and score when needed sorta like an andre iguodala type player. then we need another 7fter to help gasol in the post. But before all that we need to get a coach that can utilize this team well. Honestly i wish we could've took a crack at getting shaw, hollins, or better yet, george karl. Sure neither of the guys(with the exception of karl) are a greg pop or tibs but i think they could take this team in a better direction than what its currently in.

I think for the lakers though, this is gonna be a lost year. next offseason theyll have the cap space to sign major players.

DarkShadow
07-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Earl Grant signs with the Cavs. The Lakers' 2013-14 season is lost.

:Neutral:

reservoir dog
07-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Earl Grant signs with the Cavs. The Lakers' 2013-14 season is lost.

:Neutral:

...Earl Clark...but we know what you meant. Lakers should of never let this guy go. :Beer Toast:

Lakerfan160
07-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Usa today reports dwight to houston rockets

DarkShadow
07-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Usa today reports dwight to houston rockets

There goes the Laker Gang and all the Rings we were supposed to have. :-\

Lakerfan160
07-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Espn report: Dwight Howard tells lakers he is 50-50 on decision to leave for rockets??

fishinarteest
07-05-2013, 07:09 PM
There goes the Laker Gang and all the Rings we were supposed to have. :-\

what pisses me off the most is not how bad he played for most of the season, or even his injury. What pissed me off was his bad attitude, the fact that he didn't even try to play well. Steve nash was injured for much of the season, but did you hear people saying crap like "get this guy off the lakers" or did you hear people campaigning to make nash leave? No you didn't, because though he was injured he still went out and played his best, he saw things in a positive light, and always kept a positive attitude. how long is it before dwight is complaining in houston. He keeps going from team to team to be happy, but really he has to learn no matter where he goes, your gonna have problems, you just have to learn to make the best of it sometimes.

Now with him to going to the rockets and kevin martin no longer on okc, i see either san antonio or the clippers kicking them out second round, and if the thunder ever build up there bench to at least a small degree, then i see okc kicking them out again as well. Then we'll be in this whole dwightmare scenario again. It will only end when he learns to either change his attitude or go to miami smh

cutbait
07-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Good ridance!

He has loser mentality. Lacks the fire.

Lakers are better off in the long term. 100%.

He was never committed and never will be

MarkyMark
07-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Good Riddance D12

My apologies to Pau Gasol

MM

EL JEFE
07-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Not to rub salt, OK, maybe a little...........

As I predicted, Heat win it all!!!! Hate all you want, but LBJ is the KING! Dominant in EVERY aspect of the game!

I will make another bold prediction....Heat Three-peat!!! Hell, Riles invented the Three-peat term so why not actually make it happen for his first time!!

Lakers....well, all I can say is its going to be a long season next year. Kobe had a great run and should be proud of his teams' accomplishments.

I agree.....Lakers, the storied franchise that it is, should have not gone with the ad campaign begging for DH to stay....BAD decision. If a team like the Lakers can't lure a guy with the name and $30M, what does that say? Not too sure about the thinkers in the Lakers organization right now.....several bad decisions as of late. As I stated in an earlier post, I was long time Laker fan, BIG TIME, but when they let go of Riles and WEST, I was gone too. Just think where the team would be with both of those two in the front office!!!

DarkShadow
07-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Hmm...so no Dwight, no more rings.

How do the Lakers rebuild? They think they can run Kobe and a bunch of scrubs out there and win anything but the NBA's Nice Try, Good Luck Next Year award?

I need to know, since I have over 1000 Laker flags in my car that I bought when they signed Dwight, and now I can't even get rid of them for $1 on eBay. :-\

DarkShadow
07-08-2013, 01:35 PM
How do the Lakers rebuild?

Just when I think the Lakers couldn't possibly be any dumber, they go and do something like this…

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9460382/chris-kaman-los-angeles-lakers-agree-one-year-deal-sources-say

and totally redeem themselves!!!!!!

Just hand us our rings now !!

(And apparently they're looking into bringing Odom back!!! Glenn Rice and Robert Horry better charge their cell phones, because I hear they're next!)

fishinarteest
07-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Just when I think the Lakers couldn't possibly be any dumber, they go and do something like this…

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9460382/chris-kaman-los-angeles-lakers-agree-one-year-deal-sources-say

and totally redeem themselves!!!!!!

Just hand us our rings now !!

(And apparently they're looking into bringing Odom back!!! Glenn Rice and Robert Horry better charge their cell phones, because I hear they're next!)

I heard they amnestied metta today. Yay! Were getting back in it.

reservoir dog
07-10-2013, 04:01 PM
So the word is Farmar is coming back, there's word of "The Machine" coming back as well. They're still talking with Odom so that's another possibility. Might as well bring back Fisher while we're at it. Damn they must be desperate if they're bringing back the old roster. At least Farmar and Vujacic are still young and hopefully if Lamar Kardashian comes back he will be in better shape than he has been since he was traded to Dallas. I'm not expecting much for the next season but hopefully they can still compete. Although I am disappointed that they didn't sign Earl Clark. That guy has the potential!

fishinarteest
07-10-2013, 07:25 PM
So the word is Farmar is coming back, there's word of "The Machine" coming back as well. They're still talking with Odom so that's another possibility. Might as well bring back Fisher while we're at it. Damn they must be desperate if they're bringing back the old roster. At least Farmar and Vujacic are still young and hopefully if Lamar Kardashian comes back he will be in better shape than he has been since he was traded to Dallas. I'm not expecting much for the next season but hopefully they can still compete. Although I am disappointed that they didn't sign Earl Clark. That guy has the potential!

Dude! were gettin the band back together. All were missing is Bynum.............ehhh, on second thought, maybe not.

DarkShadow
07-12-2013, 10:46 AM
All were missing is Bynum.............

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/50a513736bb3f7d710000014-620-465/andrew-bynum-hair-sixers.jpg

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Hey-there-Andrew.-Image-via-@JordanRaanan.jpg

and his hair.

reservoir dog
07-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Hot Lakers Debate: Nelly vs. Stephen A.

It's a long video (15 mins) but the debate gets pretty heated.

http://youtu.be/O1zJci8dL8E

fishinarteest
07-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Hot Lakers Debate: Nelly vs. Stephen A.

It's a long video (15 mins) but the debate gets pretty heated.

http://youtu.be/O1zJci8dL8E

Both sides had good points. But the fact that this is first take should tell you something.

I don't think phil didn't comeback because kobe didn't want him too, I think buss is an idiot and wanted to prove he can make his own decisions and so he decided to not go with jackson.

fishinarteest
07-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Both sides had good points. But the fact that this is first take should tell you something.

I don't think phil didn't comeback because kobe didn't want him too, I think buss is an idiot and wanted to prove he can make his own decisions and so he decided to not go with jackson.

Lol First take is a trip though. I never watch that show for a reason.LOL

reservoir dog
07-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Lol First take is a trip though. I never watch that show for a reason.LOL

Did you just reply to yourself? LOL! It's all good! I think most Laker fans along with myself will agree with you that Jim Buss is an IDIOT! He is the reason for the downfall of this franchise. It's funny how they're already talking about Melo or LeBron to the Lakers.

DarkShadow
07-18-2013, 02:22 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999481_671158342912693_1916288360_n.jpg

LOL.

Wait, actually, as a Laker fan, I can't really laugh, can I?

DarkShadow
07-23-2013, 02:01 PM
One of my inside sources has informed me that the Team LA store in Staples Center is discounting ALL Dwight Howard authentic jerseys for $20, reduced from $199.

Get your piece of history today before they sell out. Makes a great Christmas present for your favorite Laker fan.

reservoir dog
07-23-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm still wearing my Smush Parker jersey...with pride! LOL!!!

DockRat
11-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Celtic Fan Lets Loose.!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KpZsf9Lbbw

DarkShadow
11-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Celtic Fan Lets Loose.!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KpZsf9Lbbw

Celtic Fan probably saw the Laker's starting line up for 2012-13.

I'd be dancing in the aisles too.

Now, where's all the Laker fans? 4 years ago, they were jumping from the rafters. No Official 2012/13 Official Thread?

EL JEFE
11-14-2013, 07:25 PM
same old song and dance......

Heat three peat!!

MarkyMark
03-07-2014, 08:42 AM
sure is quiet here....you have to be bad to get good..Lottery pick!

MM

DarkShadow
03-07-2014, 08:59 AM
That's all right, cuz when Kobe comes back, he's gonna lead 'em to the playoffs!!

EL JEFE
03-08-2014, 06:17 PM
That's all right, cuz when Kobe comes back, he's gonna lead 'em to the playoffs!!

That's funny!!!!

DarkShadow
03-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Jodie Meeks' gonna lead 'em to the playoffs!!

Fixed......

reservoir dog
03-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Fixed......

Fixed again...

Mike D'Antoni will lead them to the playoffs. :LOL:

stepchild
03-10-2014, 11:38 AM
ping pong balls.....

DarkShadow
03-10-2014, 12:21 PM
ping pong balls.....

If Jim "Short" Buss handles the draft like he handled his excellent free agency management of years past, it should be a great few years.

Add the huge long list of players who are anxious to bask in the shadow of Kobe the Great, and the next dynasty is right around the corner.

It'll be THE LAKER GANG once again.

Ian
03-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Meeks & Bazemore will be back next year.

DarkShadow
03-11-2014, 02:21 PM

I can smell the parade route already!

MarkyMark
03-11-2014, 02:28 PM

Who dat? Who dem?

MM

DarkShadow
03-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Who dat? Who dem?

MM

You know, Rickie Weeks. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickie_Weeks) He plays 2nd base.

And Blakemore (http://www.ttiblakemore.com/home/vm?page=shop.browse&category_id=71&TreeId=25) is the guy who invented the Roadrunner.

TUNAVIC
03-11-2014, 08:48 PM
That's kinda funny!

Cya Tuna Vic