PDA

View Full Version : lake Fairmount

J-Dub
08-09-2012, 08:53 PM
hey everybody i just wanted to ask for a few tips for fishing this place....i live in fontana and recently discovered this lake and i took a walk around the smaller lake and was wondering do i have to pay to fish this lake? and im assuming i have to have a license to fish it too right? is it free to fish there cause when i got there i just drove in and i didnt really see a booth where i had to pay. and what kind of species is good to target there? i did see alot of small baby bass i think and some bluegills. i was gonna talk to people who were fishing there with catfishing poles but they didnt seem too friendly so i didnt want to bother. any info is much appreciated thanks in advance! oh and what kind of fish is best to target there? i probably would just catch and release there cause the water didnt seem too clean to me....:Embarrassed:

zen
08-09-2012, 08:55 PM
its free to fish fairmount park there are bass catfish and bluegills in there

J-Dub
08-09-2012, 09:01 PM
thanks for the info. do i need a license to fish there?

GhettoBasster
08-09-2012, 09:20 PM
thanks for the info. do i need a license to fish there?

Yes. All the CA state rules apply. DFG does show up, but the homeless guys will usually ride around on bikes and warn people.

angelsfan951
08-09-2012, 09:31 PM
carp also park is kind of ghetto at night. U have to put some serious work to figure the lake out tho. i live like 10 mins away and never go there. I cant catch anything lol but good their is a couple ppl on here that go often and know the lake good luck out there

J-Dub
08-10-2012, 09:22 AM
thanx for info! i dont have a fishing license and i probably wont buy one because i dont usually fish city park lakes...i was thinking about taking my nieces and my nephew there cause hes been wanting to go fishing really bad. is it a safe enough place to take my nephew fishing there?

Ducttapeking
08-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Just don't let them leave your side i went to restroom there once seen two guys in one stall heavy breathing also heard stories from the old timers there bout men hitting them up in the restrooms

carpanglerdude
08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Fairmount has a lot of water to fish and plenty of interesting cover. However, if you get skunked, don't give up. It's a very difficult lake to figure out but there are some large bass hiding in its waters!