PDA

View Full Version : Denied service

HBAR
08-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Took my wife and daughter to a massage place this morning so they could have some mom/daughter time, I was only 3/4 of the way back home when my daughter calls me and tells me to come back to get them. Come to find out that when they walked into the Sunflower Massage place in Tujunga CA the lady looked at my wife's amputated leg in horror and disgust and started talking to a man in the back in thier language. The lady looks at wife's leg and says NO, wife asked no your not going to give me a massage or no something else? again the lady say's no!, Then how about my daughter will you at least give her a massage? NO!!! at that point the lady goes over opens the door and holds it open for them. All she needed to say was get out but she didn't.
Now some of you are friends with me on Face book and have probably already read this, but here's some updates: Wife called her friend that introduced her to this place, in turn she called a friend that works at channel 9 who told their boss who in turn told a reporter. The reporter called my wife and just over an hour ago that reporter paid a visit to this place, funny how word spreads. The reporter told us when they came by to interview my wife and daughter that the entire shopping area already knew what happened, and it seems that business has come to a halt at this place.
So take a look at channel 9 news starting at 8 maybe she'll be on.

fishinarteest
08-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Took my wife and daughter to a massage place this morning so they could have some mom/daughter time, I was only 3/4 of the way back home when my daughter calls me and tells me to come back to get them. Come to find out that when they walked into the Sunflower Massage place in Tujunga CA the lady looked at my wife's amputated leg in horror and disgust and started talking to a man in the back in thier language. The lady looks at wife's leg and says NO, wife asked no your not going to give me a massage or no something else? again the lady say's no!, Then how about my daughter will you at least give her a massage? NO!!! at that point the lady goes over opens the door and holds it open for them. All she needed to say was get out but she didn't.
Now some of you are friends with me on Face book and have probably already read this, but here's some updates: Wife called her friend that introduced her to this place, in turn she called a friend that works at channel 9 who told their boss who in turn told a reporter. The reporter called my wife and just over an hour ago that reporter paid a visit to this place, funny how word spreads. The reporter told us when they came by to interview my wife and daughter that the entire shopping area already knew what happened, and it seems that business has come to a halt at this place.
So take a look at channel 9 news starting at 8 maybe she'll be on.

Im glad that place got what it what it had coming to it. discrimination in any form pisses me off, mainly cauae ima black male whos seen it happen. I hope those people get fired.

HBAR
08-09-2012, 08:33 PM
hey everyone wife just got a call from the reporter, the segment will be on tomorrow night they couldn't edit it in time

5150fishn
08-09-2012, 08:48 PM
What a bunch of BS! Glad they are getting called out for this injustice. Too bad they were put through that but it looks like it will all work out in the end.

Mr.DieHard
08-09-2012, 09:19 PM
I was born and raised in La Crescenta but also lived in Sunland/Tujunga and still go back to see friends and do buisness there. I know where this place is at and i will spread the word among my friends not to give them thier business. Good job on standing up for your self and family. They will probably get"NO!!!" more customers after it goes on tv.

angelsfan951
08-09-2012, 09:32 PM
wow im glad they are going to be put on blast on the news. No1 should have to be put thru that

CL SmooV
08-10-2012, 12:23 AM
hbar---- horrible horrible horrible. so much for money being blind. my wife and I will be watching. I'm going to investigate if this rude business is apart of any chamber of commerce. If so, I'll write a stern letter to their president. In the meantime, pm me if you and your fam want to go to a professional masseuse.

Supported,

Charles

kaneo
08-10-2012, 07:10 AM
thats funny, i was just talking to david goldstein last week... sucks they turned away your wife and daughter... its probably a front for a prostitution ring ?

bassyakker
08-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Get the govt. involved and file a ADA complaint. Teach those bastards not to discriminate.

HBAR
08-10-2012, 11:09 AM
CL I have a contact at the chamber and have already mad contact with her, I'm not big on massages but my wife is I'll hit you up later (I'm on my phone). Quite a few in the community already know about this business, a reporter paid them a visit yesterday afternoon and then came by the apt to interview my wife and daughter. Look for the report on channel 9 at 10pm and possibly channel 2 at 11pm.

DEVOREFLYER
08-11-2012, 08:18 AM
HBAR your story is now National as it is on "The Drudge Report". That is going to get some real attention.

WARRIORMIKE
08-11-2012, 08:42 AM
I missed the newscast. However I found the link

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/08/10/woman-with-amputated-leg-turned-away-from-massage-parlor/

smokehound
08-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Was the amputated area still open?

Or had it healed?

I'm not siding with the massage parlor, just saying a festering wound can be pretty disturbing.

Still no excuse to turn someone away like that. I spent a whole year battling a severe infection myself.

People seem to think they can bypass federal and municipal law by hanging a sign written in Sharpie. Lol

HBAR
08-23-2012, 10:03 PM
No smokehound the wound is healed, this woman for lack of calling her something else changed her story with the person in charge of the chamber, she went and spoke with her, then we met with the lady from the chamber (there was suppose to be an interpretor, but she never showed up) and this woman as well as two guys that work there with her (notice I'm leaving out which nationality they are dont want to be called a racist or have that come into play here). Wow how "the woman" changed her story! Wife took off the "sock" and all 3 of these people were dumbfounded like they had never seen someone with an amputation, the womans story changed yet even again as she went on to say that when my wife went in that she had seen blood collecting at the bottom of "the bandage" as they kept calling it. We said to them show us where it's bleeding from!
Needles to say the woman was kissing my wife's a ss shoving gift cards in her hands wife was rejecting them, giving her back her "frequent user" card and signing off a couple of boxes so she could get a free one, gave us a package of blueberry flavored wafer crackers (they tasted nasty by the way), she said herea for your baby, we said what baby our daughter will be 17 and son is 10, yes yes for your baby.
When my wife got up she left the gift cards and frequent user card on the sofa we were sitting on, as we got to the door the woman saw she had left them on the sofa grabbed them and came after her saying ahhh here you forgot these, wife turned looked at her said, no I didn't! she ended up taking them anyway.
Inside info tells us this place will be getting shutdown due to some sort of ordinance, we shall see what happens.

URGH! I shouldn't have gone through and read those comments.

HBAR
08-23-2012, 10:48 PM
hbar---- horrible horrible horrible. so much for money being blind. my wife and I will be watching. I'm going to investigate if this rude business is apart of any chamber of commerce. If so, I'll write a stern letter to their president. In the meantime, pm me if you and your fam want to go to a professional masseuse.

Supported,

Charles

Hey Charles thanks a lot for the offer, I went to send you a PM but it won't let me.

CL SmooV
08-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Hey Charles thanks a lot for the offer, I went to send you a PM but it won't let me.

Sent you a friend request........It should work now