PDA

View Full Version : Perris Topwater in the Morning

carpanglerdude
08-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Hey folks,

Is there much of a topwater frog bite in the early morning still? I haven't been back to Perris for a few weeks and was interested in getting in some topwater action.

Thanks!

October
08-09-2012, 08:48 PM
ill be out there tomorrow yak fishin right when the gates open. Plan on starting with some Spro frogs. Ill report back

TheTrueFisherman
08-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Your likely to get bit in the morning if you stick with it but I haven't crushed them on the top water...a few fish up to 4 but after I get a few that seems to be it for me. If your looking for numbers then hug the weed line and fish out deep so your coming uphill with a ds....go deep with your go to baits if your looking for quality fish. Good luck out there!

CrownTown
08-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Hey man, heading out there tomorrow (8/11) with a few friends from school. We're all tubing, if you want to borrow a tube and head out with us let me know. Launching from 11 and 12 around 0630. Don't know how top waters been, but a lot of bass chasing shad in the morning

October
08-10-2012, 01:51 PM
well that was a horrible day. I had three rods, threw everything, tried sticking with the top water for awhile too, not a single bite. Like said above, all I saw all day was bass chasing shad. I have never gotten skunked there, today was a first! Usually, when all else fails i wacky rig a senko and get picked up immediately. Nada. Hope you guys did better!

GhettoBasster
08-10-2012, 10:07 PM
well that was a horrible day. I had three rods, threw everything, tried sticking with the top water for awhile too, not a single bite. Like said above, all I saw all day was bass chasing shad. I have never gotten skunked there, today was a first! Usually, when all else fails i wacky rig a senko and get picked up immediately. Nada. Hope you guys did better!

Sorry about the skunk. It's happened to me more times there than I like to think about. Those with watercraft with fish finders do much better than us shore guys.

Pete Marino
08-11-2012, 12:34 AM
If they arent eating the topwater shallow, turn around and throw a jerkbait, Scrounger or tailspin to deeper water (9-13ft)...YOU WILL CATCH THEM!!!

Pete