PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake trout and catfish

daer1303
08-09-2012, 09:27 AM
So Im heading up to BBL for about 9 days and going to troll for trout and fish for catfish at night. Been trolling up there for trout along time and usually do pretty good on leadcore or rudders with needle fish and tom bouyants spoons. However anybody got any suggestions on rapalas that work good? Also This year want to try going for some kitties since I heard the bite is pretty hot right now. Any Suggestion on certian stink baits would be nice but mainly where would be the best spots? would it be done by the stanfield bridge in the shallows? Thanks guys for any info. I will post a report on how all the fishing was.

Stray Cat
08-12-2012, 02:08 PM
I remember a article in WON about 2 years ago were a father and son caught a limit of toad channels 15-20 lbs by the lighthouse . As far as bait goes you can't go wrong with fresh bonito,barracuda,makeral and chicken liver. Live crawdads work great to . I don't use stink baits for big channels but a little garlic salt never hurts , and it toughins the bait up a bit so you won't cast it off as easy. Just my 2 cents good luck.