PDA

View Full Version : gonna tell on myself

ryanbsimmcon
08-07-2012, 02:57 PM
So I picked up a new Tracker Combo a few weeks ago. First day out the trolling motor came unlatched, hit the water, and ripped right off the bow and down to the bottom of Castaic it went. I cant believe it but Tracker Marine warrantied it and sent a new one. That's a $650 trolling motor! Then on Saturday I put the plug in the wrong hole:Crying: When I got out of the bouy line and hit the throttle I knew something was wrong. I never moved so fast! Grabbed the spare plug and stuffed it up in time, I was lucky cause water was at my feet. My girlfriend was with me, poor girl, lol! I guess I need to learn the hard way:???:

Cartman
08-07-2012, 03:09 PM
So I picked up a new Tracker Combo a few weeks ago. First day out the trolling motor came unlatched, hit the water, and ripped right off the bow and down to the bottom of Castaic it went. I cant believe it but Tracker Marine warrantied it and sent a new one. That's a $650 trolling motor! Then on Saturday I put the plug in the wrong hole:Crying: When I got out of the bouy line and hit the throttle I knew something was wrong. I never moved so fast! Grabbed the spare plug and stuffed it up in time, I was lucky cause water was at my feet. My girlfriend was with me, poor girl, lol! I guess I need to learn the hard way:???:

Comes in threes they say.

5150fishn
08-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Well, look at this way. You will only make those mistakes once!LOL

MarkyMark
08-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Done the plug thing at Pyramid..I also lost an anchor at Castaic because the prop got in the anchor rope

MM

fishfinder
08-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Then on Saturday I put the plug in the wrong hole:Crying: :???:

:Bug Eyes: Thats what she said :EyePop: :ROFL:

Santa Fe Eric
08-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Congrats on the Tracker Combo! Those things are sweet. It was gonna get the V175 before I settled on my Rig this year.
Any pictures?

SFE

NFCD I
08-08-2012, 08:21 AM
I've had my boat for 3 years. If you can do it wrong, I've done it. Somethings I've done more than once. We've all been there and done that.
Have fun with your new rig.

Cadillyak
08-08-2012, 08:32 AM
I have had my fair share of mishaps... Including forgetting to raise the motor when I got the boat back on my trailer. $800 mistake. I think the worst part was the marina being filled with people and having all eyes on me.

ryanbsimmcon
08-08-2012, 08:43 AM
LOL!! Thanks for the replies guys! What did you end up getting Santa fe Eric? Ya that Tracker is my dream boat for sure. No pics at the moment, been too busy with those castaic stripers.

TUNAVIC
08-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Wow,at least your ok to laugh about it,I bet you never forget the plug again,and everytime you lower that trolling motor you'll have that first time memory.
Regardless,congrats on the new boat and many more cherished memory's!

Cya Tuna Vic

NFCD I
08-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Check out the ramp at DVL. One of the long skag scratches are mine.

ryanbsimmcon
08-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Check out the ramp at DVL. One of the long skag scratches are mine.

oh man! I'm gonna look for it, lol