PDA

View Full Version : From game on to game over, just like that! Striper 187 on 8/7

Fishthewhaler
08-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Short Trip=Short Report
Met Ralph at 7am and jumped in Starcraft.
Motored out after the fleet had already left. I spotted some birds working so we went to inspect...sure enough boiling stripers.Game On. First shot at them I got a 5 lber..They kept boiling, only into an area that is off limits...made a quick move, @845am motor stopped running and would not start...game over
Skinny shad did the damage36742
I will try to be back on em in the Whaler this time...
FTW

TroutOnly
08-07-2012, 11:36 AM
OH MAN THAT SUCKS DAMON,,JUST GETTING A LITTLE TASTE PROBABLY HAS YOU READY FOR ANOTHER TRIP IN THE WHALER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Too bad about the motor..

Congrats on the fish : )

Nice seeing you at the docks, sorry if I wasn’t too chatty, it’s just that I have minutes to get the heck out of there and get to work : (

Glad you at least got something b4 you broke down..

I skunked

Getting really tuff to get onto the fish with the “evil hoard” smashing the topwater…but that’s how it goes…

Again I still have hopes someday they will all get a clue about aproaching fish properly….

Till that day …”it is what it is”

I wish you better luck with the boat on the next outing..

I know you’ll get into them : )

Wheres the whaler?

Anyways…

Congrats on the MDK

Gary

Fysher
08-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Congrats on the boiling striper.

Agree with you Gary, many people don't know how to fish boils, they see boils, bum rush it and think that they'll limit out or get hook-ups. But like you said, it is what it is.

Hopefully those that do this kind of fishing reads these post or do some research on how to fish boils. I personally haven't fished a boil but with all the reports,tips and so forth, I'm better prepared for a boil if I happen to be there =0)

fishinone
08-07-2012, 02:37 PM
I found your report.

Sorry to hear about the motor.

Glad to hear that you best the skunk. 5lb will do in a pinch.

You'll get on them soon.

cutbait
08-07-2012, 03:12 PM
5lber! 35 lbs short of the FNN record!!!! not too shabby?

Sorry bout motor issues,, we've all been there and it SUCKS!

trail blazer
08-07-2012, 08:18 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!

Go get on,m again soon,,,,,,,its a blast!

T/B

Fishthewhaler
08-09-2012, 12:30 PM
OH MAN THAT SUCKS DAMON,,JUST GETTING A LITTLE TASTE PROBABLY HAS YOU READY FOR ANOTHER TRIP IN THE WHALER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,
I am trying to find the time to go again mon or tue...

Too bad about the motor..

Congrats on the fish : )

Nice seeing you at the docks, sorry if I wasn’t too chatty, it’s just that I have minutes to get the heck out of there and get to work : (

Glad you at least got something b4 you broke down..

I skunked

Getting really tuff to get onto the fish with the “evil hoard” smashing the topwater…but that’s how it goes…

Again I still have hopes someday they will all get a clue about aproaching fish properly….

Till that day …”it is what it is”

I wish you better luck with the boat on the next outing..

I know you’ll get into them : )

Wheres the whaler?

Anyways…

Congrats on the MDK

Gary
The Whaler is here in the valley. I can save time before work by just jumping on with Ralph. I am remounting my bow rails and re glassing some of the screw holes as well..She's ready for more bloody decks!

Congrats on the boiling striper.

Agree with you Gary, many people don't know how to fish boils, they see boils, bum rush it and think that they'll limit out or get hook-ups. But like you said, it is what it is.

Hopefully those that do this kind of fishing reads these post or do some research on how to fish boils. I personally haven't fished a boil but with all the reports,tips and so forth, I'm better prepared for a boil if I happen to be there =0)
Birds will tell you alot..I usually find boils when I'm trolling. They will pop up here and there. You will know when you see them..

I found your report.

Sorry to hear about the motor.

Glad to hear that you best the skunk. 5lb will do in a pinch.

You'll get on them soon.We are trying to work out the issue on the motor(older Merc)..looks like its a gas issue. My Honda is purring like a kitty though.

5lber! 35 lbs short of the FNN record!!!! not too shabby?

Sorry bout motor issues,, we've all been there and it SUCKS!Seemed like it was going to be a stellar day! Next time

NICE!!!!!!!!!

Go get on,m again soon,,,,,,,its a blast!

T/BIt's like chasing yellows at the Coronado islands when the whole fleet is chasing them..Mayhem

Fishthewhaler
08-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Good news for Ralph, We fixed his motor sat. His lanyard kill switch was grounded inside the cowl. Same thing as having the kill switch ON. Disconnected it and it started right up. Success!