PDA

View Full Version : report and a quick video

Matt_Magnone
08-06-2012, 07:08 PM
fished the lake today and broke it down some more. when people start complaining of a tough bite, i make it a point to really force myself to get on fish. its your true test as a fisherman in adverse conditions to catch fish. it was HOT, there was no wind and the bite was most definitely a grind. it was either the spot was cranking and you can pop a few right off the bat, or you had to milk an area for a good while to get bit. 30-50' down hill retrieve on main lake points was the key. finding the right bottom composition was extremely important. once you figure it out you will get bit. work your baits a little slower with frequent pauses. fish were responding better to a slight dead stick.

if you wanna just catch fish toss a drop shot. anything 4 to 5" in watermelon or green pumpkin. match the hatch.

throw the jig and rig if you want to cover water and locate fish.

throw the shad baits if you want busters

filmed a bunch today and the most important video i guess wasn't recording. here's a clip talking about structure and cover.
first of all, in the video i stumbled a bit. if you have a hard time grasping what i was trying to say; here it is in a nutshell.

structure - the in animate bottom of a lake. ex: points, humps, ridges, ledges,
cover - bottom composition . ex: weeds, brush, mudlines, shade lines, docks, cables, fencelines......

http://youtu.be/1RlpFjiDp9U

hookup
08-06-2012, 08:02 PM
thanks for the report ill be out there tommorow trying to stick a few

HawgZWylde
08-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Good report Matt. Can't wait till Wednesday...

skunkmaster
08-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Now I know your spot! I'm gonna anchor there! J/K J/K :Envious: Cool vid, always something to learn, thanks!

good kentucky
08-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks Matt! Always great report! Do you think split shot will work just well as drip shot?

HawgStalker
08-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the report Matt! Just way too hot for me to head out there this week...... Hahaha!