PDA

View Full Version : Mike Slams a DD on his new KPN Mini Shad!

fishinone
08-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Mike buddy Mike has caught on to finding his own boils. He left the pack, went and found his own boil and was rewarded with a 30", 10 pound striper.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/imagejpeg_2_10.jpg

That's a 104 quart cooler that the fish is on.

He said that he had been with the group but got tired of the boil crashing, left and found his own boil.

There wasn't a sole around when he caught this beast.

He cast the KPN Mini Shad onto the nearest rise, made 2 cranks of the reel handle and it "just "STOPPED,. Then it took off!".

Congrat's on the DD striper Mike.

koifish
08-06-2012, 11:39 AM
nice job Mike. first dd on this year boil season.

technician
08-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Way sick....

cutbait
08-06-2012, 12:08 PM
nice job Mike. first dd on this year boil season.

First reported...

TB and I saw several landed last weds

Nice fish Mike,,, kinda funny hearing how he got tired of the boil crashers? :Twisted:

trail blazer
08-06-2012, 02:01 PM
WTG MIKE,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,What C/B SAID,,LOLOLOLOL

fishinone
08-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I just talked to him again, for a moment.

He has 7 and he had to go they were boiling again.

Hitts0n
08-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Man you guys are murderers!!! Nice fat jailbird!!

fishinone
08-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Man you guys are murderers!!! Nice fat jailbird!!

I only wish I was fishing with Mike today. He was fishing alone, I was working.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/imagejpeg_2_11.jpg

He gave 2 away at the boat ramp before he took this picture.

All them were caught on the KPN Mini Shad.

CAPT'N
08-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Sweet...................

Hitts0n
08-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I only wish I was fishing with Mike today. He was fishing alone, I was working.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/imagejpeg_2_11.jpg

He gave 2 away at the boat ramp before he took this picture.

All them were caught on the KPN Mini Shad.

Man you guys are killing me !! Great slay !! Lol !

fishincrave
08-06-2012, 11:14 PM
duuuuuuuuuuuuuude nice slay congrats mike.................Ron yours and mine turn next lol...

Sean

Ian
08-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Saweet!! Is the KPN Mini Shad a topwater or shallow diver? Where can I get one?

TroutOnly
08-07-2012, 11:40 AM
I SAW AND TALKED WITH HIM RON HE WAS STOKED WHEN HE PULLED UP AND SHOWED ME HIS BIG FISH ,,,,,,,,WE GOT MOST OF OUR FISH ON THE KPNS YESTERDAY DESPITE THE CLUSTER **** OUT ON THE WATER ,MY REPORT WILL BE LATER TODAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fishinone
08-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Sweet...................

Man you guys are killing me !! Great slay !! Lol !

duuuuuuuuuuuuuude nice slay congrats mike.................Ron yours and mine turn next lol...

Sean

I SAW AND TALKED WITH HIM RON HE WAS STOKED WHEN HE PULLED UP AND SHOWED ME HIS BIG FISH ,,,,,,,,WE GOT MOST OF OUR FISH ON THE KPNS YESTERDAY DESPITE THE CLUSTER **** OUT ON THE WATER ,MY REPORT WILL BE LATER TODAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I let Mike know that you guys gave him props. I woke him up this morning with a phone call. He was tired from reeling in all those fish!:No Pity:

fishinone
08-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Saweet!! Is the KPN Mini Shad a topwater or shallow diver? Where can I get one?

It's a topwater and subsurface lure. I usually position my knot right in front and control whether it's topwater or subsurface by the action of the rod and reel. If I want it to stay subsurface I slide the knot to the top of the eye, for topwater I slide it to the bottom.

I've been getting most of my hits subsurface in the boils. I really like that subsurface action. Apparently the striper do to!

In open water when you know the fish are around try sliding a foot or so just fast enough to make it spray water up in the air then slow your retrieve but don't stop and repeat.

Striper grab them even when they are setting still!

You can get them here at the FNN store (http://fishingnetwork.net/index.php?pageid=kpn_topwater_lures),

or you can buy them of the shelf at one of the places below.

Castaic

Gallion's Corner
31515 Ridge Route Rd
Castaic, CA 91384
(661) 257-3523

Van Nuys

Bob Sand's Fishing Tackle
6743 N. Sepuleveda Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91411
(818) 994-1822

Bellflower

Fisherman's Depot
9832 Flower St
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562)925-5200

Tackle Express (Their link is at the top of the page.) has them on the shelf but I didn't see them on their website.

fishinone
08-07-2012, 01:05 PM

Congrats on the catching Bob. You do a great job of putting you customers on fish.

I'm beginning to be pretty confidant that I can catch fish on the KPN Mini Shad.

I put a KPN in my trout tackle box their are shad that get washed through the secret troutlet.

Thebake
08-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Saweeet Fish! Great job and thanks for the no-drama post. Only goes to show there is more than one boil out there.

Voice-of-Reason
08-09-2012, 11:36 AM
That's a nice castaic haul. You must have a fast boat?

fishinone
08-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Saweeet Fish! Great job and thanks for the no-drama post. Only goes to show there is more than one boil out there.

Thank you thebake, It's been nice fishing with you out there lately.

That's a nice castaic haul. You must have a fast boat?

LOL! hold on to your teeth!

Mike does have a fast boat but he put me on 5 boils yesterday that were in casting distance when they came up. That makes all the difference.