PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio again

snospdr
08-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Spent the night with a buddy and his son back in Harris Creek fishing anchovies and dead shad. Lost a striper about 4a.m. in the trees. At 6 a.m., went across to Three Fingers Cove to look for boils. Nada...Started the troll with leadcore as well as down riggers using Alabama rigs. No boils seen all morning. My buddy's son, who looked pretty bored with all of this, finally got to pull in a 12 pounder. He's ready for the next trip!
One 3 lb. smallmouth later and we called it quits. Birds were scattered, bait metered here and there but with little sign of stripers on the meter today.

cutbait
08-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Its funny what a 12 lber will do to ones spirits!

Great report..

I understand the light at the south shore marina is good place for a night time baitnwait:Cool:

snospdr
08-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I might try that next time. By the way, when we were pulling up to the north shore launch ramp we noticed nice sized shad at the dock.

Striper Slayer
08-05-2012, 08:16 AM
I was up their twice last week. I got 4 fish all about 10lbs. Three finger is holding lots of fish. Back in Bee Rock was good too. Watch out for all the submerged trees though! It will only get better over the next month or so.

snospdr
08-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Striper Slayer, we're you there at night last week? We're your fish caught on top? Thanks!

Striper Slayer
08-05-2012, 07:54 PM
I trolled until I got into a boil. All fish were caught on boils. Fished from 6am. till noon. The shad are small. Match it with small baits like Kastmasters!! Good luck!

taylor31
08-06-2012, 11:39 AM
I think I talked to you at the launch ramp when we were pulling out on Saturday. We're you I the pontoon? We caught a bunch of large mouth and a few smallmouth. I lost a large striper, my drag was too loose on the hook set and I didn't get a good set so he pulled the hook at the boat. I think the weather pushed them down. That is the first trip since may that I haven't landed atleast one striper.

snospdr
08-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I think I talked to you at the launch ramp when we were pulling out on Saturday. We're you I the pontoon? We caught a bunch of large mouth and a few smallmouth. I lost a large striper, my drag was too loose on the hook set and I didn't get a good set so he pulled the hook at the boat. I think the weather pushed them down. That is the first trip since may that I haven't landed atleast one striper.

Hey Taylor,
Yup, that was me at the launch ramp. Thanks for the response. What were you getting the bass on and area? We sat out around Three Fingers, then worked the troll up toward the dam further, then back north. The striper my buddy's son got was near the So. Shore marina, just between the swim beach and the first set of moored house boats.

taylor31
08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
We got most of the bass between the swim beach and the south shore marina and also straight across from the south shore marina. The striper was off of one of the points between the house boats and shore. I think the weather had the fish off of the bite this was the first time in a while that I didn't see them boiling where you were trolling. I can't go this week but I'll be back on the 18th.

snospdr
08-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Okay Taylor, thanks for the info. I won't be up there again until about that date as well. Let's hope others will keep the reports coming.

taylor31
08-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Just had a change of plans I'll be up there either all night Friday or Saturday morning.

Striper Slayer
08-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Anybody gettin em on the troll???

snospdr
08-07-2012, 06:48 PM
The only ones we have caught have been on the troll - under birds at about 20 ft. or around the houseboats at about 15 ft.