PDA

View Full Version : SB Co or Riv Co Bass Fishing Suggestions?

Halosfan06
08-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Although I have my state license and am ok paying a small fee here and there, my budget is running thin paying between $10-$20 once or twice a week after work. Does anyone have any suggestions for free bass fishing holes? Work and family schedule doesn't permit long trout trips to Jenks, BBL, GVL, etc.

Viejo
08-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Although I have my state license and am ok paying a small fee here and there, my budget is running thin paying between $10-$20 once or twice a week after work. Does anyone have any suggestions for free bass fishing holes? Work and family schedule doesn't permit long trout trips to Jenks, BBL, GVL, etc.

We're off to a good start. Glad to hear you're a licensed fisherman! Since you can't make trips to the mountains/lakes that charge entry fees because of cost...where is your base of operations that you will be coming from and how far is reasonable for you under the circumstances?

Halosfan06
08-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I fished the eastern Sierras for trout most of my life, but can no longer afford the time or $ to do this as frequently. My favorites are the Mammoth Lakes, North Lake (out of Bishop), and Convict Lake. I live near Ontario airport and work near Hemet. My agreement with my wife (happy wife = happy life) is that I may fish once per week. Given the fullness of my weekend calendars, this usually leaves evenings after work most of the time. I'm willing to fish anywhere that I can drive to in the afternoon from Hemet area and enjoy some fishing until dark and then make it home to be back up early for work. I own a float tube but don't know where i can tube down here (I've heard Perris is dangerous and Skinner won't allow it). My pops owns a little aluminum boat, so we do BBL occasionally, but it's a whole day to get that out and up to the lake. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

dday07
08-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Move back East or South...LOL! even the biggest and best lakes are free!

Viejo
08-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Pop up to Lake Hemet near Idyllwild. You can use a float tube there...there's bass, bluegill, catfish and trout. Perris is bad on weekends but as long as you are not crossing the lake and there on a week night, it could be tolerable. What about walking into the Pudd? There is some interesting water near the Elsinore Shopping Centers that has warm water fishing. Google it. Simple access.

carpanglerdude
08-05-2012, 05:05 PM
There is several city parks with bass within 30 minutes of your area, but they'll take a lot of repeat trips to figure out.

Adrenrush
08-08-2012, 10:29 PM
There's harveston lake in Temecula which is free. Tons of blue gills, have caught bass up to 4lb but tough. Also lake opens tell 11pm. There's also a pond off from Murieta hot spring and whitewood in Murieta that also holds bass.

Iko
08-13-2012, 02:54 PM
I live in temecula right off of Rancho calif. other then the big lakes around temecula is there any local ponds or private in the area that hold bass?