PDA

View Full Version : Soft plastic issues/Gear suggestions

mayjeffc
08-03-2012, 11:03 AM
It is the peak of summer and the fishing is great right now. Yesterday I was able to take my tin boat out and hit perris. The bite was good for the few hours I was there, with one minor issue...My plastics started melting! I noticed when I went to change up rigs that my z-man baits had melted into one big siamese lizard. I currently use plano boxes and a basspro backpack that stores them. I kept them in the back pack and inside the boxes. I'm wondering if I need to rethink my tackle box/bag set up. This set up works well for me because I do a lot of shore fishing and normally only carry 1-2 poles. Does anyone have any tackle storage system suggestions that might save my plastics in this heat? Fun fact, I did notice that the robos and senkos were unaffected, but z-man turned to liquid.

KILLA
08-03-2012, 11:23 AM
istead of a back pack try a $12 cooler w/strap at walmart. They have mad pockets for pliers, scales... and you can toss a cold one back.

CraigH
08-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I just had a bag of gulp baits melt last week. I left the bag in the sun for about 20 minutes and had a bag of melted goo. I usually take a small, hard cooler for drinks so I'm going to try keeping the gulp baits in the same cooler, but have to make sure the gulp juice doesn't leak out. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking of putting them in my backpack/tackle bag inside a small soft cooler with one of those blue plastic things you freeze.