PDA

View Full Version : Seal beach pier 8/1/12

Ifishtoolittle
08-02-2012, 03:51 PM
So... I fished with me uncle and little cousin to yield a cumulative catch of 20+ shiner perch, a lost mac, 3 or so Jacksmelt.

One thing I really like about that pier is the load of disease yielding pigeon crap by the fish cleaning station and that the seagulls know how to say "Ow".

-IF2L

fishshep
08-02-2012, 04:11 PM
That's funny !!!

See anyone on the shore fishing ?

Was thinking, might be good for Hali,s

now in that area. :Idea:

Ifishtoolittle
08-02-2012, 06:46 PM
No anglers by the shore as there are A LOT of beach goers. Also, the US open for surfing is being held at Huntington so I "think" that Seal Beach will receive more traffic in the next 3 days.

Fysher
08-03-2012, 07:51 AM
congrats on the outing. Seal Beach Pier could be very productive at times. I haven't been there for quite some time now. Looks like I might have to visit it one of these days. You should try using those shiner perch (if small around 3") for halibuts.

reelgurlzfish
08-03-2012, 06:31 PM
is the pier crowded? ive been fishing belmont pier and each time i've got people stepping on my tackle box. looking for a more spread out spot. How do you get there??

castle
08-12-2012, 12:42 PM
what did you use for bait?

castle
08-12-2012, 07:16 PM
is the pier crowded? ive been fishing belmont pier and each time i've got people stepping on my tackle box. looking for a more spread out spot. How do you get there??

I know what you mean, somebody steped on my fishing pole once and broke it. Not even a sorry about that.