PDA

View Full Version : Boils today before work!

fishinone
08-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Mike and I met at Gallion's at 5:30 to go out and work the boils. Mike is still there. I left at 9:30 to go to work.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/IMAG0135.jpg

Here's a picture of the Moon waiting in line to get in with rest of us. I was back around the bend when the line first stopped at the kiosk.

The fish were popping the surface all over in both arms of the lake. We never got on any really big boils this morning and the small ones we got on, didn't produce at first.

I worked topwater plugs at first. I had many followers and a few blowups but couldn't get the fish to commit. I downsized my plug to a Zara Puppy and still they wouldn't commit. They would follow right to the boat but weren't taking the plug.

I switched to a little Berkley Power Bait Swim Shad :Secret: the ones with the jig head molded inside and tried letting it drop after a cast to to a rise. Hook-Up! It hit on the drop. That one was about 1 lb., so I threw it back.

By then the boils had become more scattered. It took awhile to get up on one but when we did, I cast to the splash, let the lure drop and felt that tick during the drop (TIP: Use superline.). I swung and hung a better fish this time. Mike was giving me a hard time about having my drag too loose. I didn't give in and told him that the hooks were kind of feeble for striper. After a couple good runs we netted one that probably goes 3 1/2 lb.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/IMAG0138-1.jpg

Here's a picture of me, "Happy at Work".

I offered Mike one of the treasured fish killing lures and he wisely accepted. Soon, he got hit a couple feet from the boat while just cranking back in after a long cast to a rise. He hooked up but the fish took a bunch of line, then came unbuttoned. It seemed quite a bit bigger than mine but I never saw it.

That was about it for the morning. The boils quit around 7:30 - 7:45. We looked around after that. It looked like a few guys got on some in the distance a couple times but we were to far off.

It was a great way to start my work day. The fish leaving before I had too, might be responsible for me showing up to work at all.:Smile:

Thank you Mike, for the ride to work.

I can't wait to get back out there!

Thebake
08-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey there myself, dad and kid were the ones talking with you in the old school orange ranger. Pleasure doing so. Glad to see a few people got a few in the boat. We had to leave early and it was nothing but finicky fish all morning. NOT LIKE YESTERDAY! May be the cool morning. I've been out the last few afternoons and those have done well too. Good luck tomorrow. Brian

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-02-2012, 03:11 PM
way ta get yo' b4 work itch scratched..

Congrats...

Gary

fishinone
08-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi Thebake,

We enjoyed talking with you and your crew.

You looked like you were having a good time with the family out there.

We thought you had caught that striper that you were checking out. When it popped back up I was going to add it to the taco meat because I knew I was leaving and wasn't going to limit out.

Thanks Gary.

Nice seeing you out there.

I was trying to get Mike to calm down a little. People get all excited you know.

He was doing better later, I think.

BTW He just called, they are back up, he had five when he hung up on me to go to the next boil.

trail blazer
08-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Nice job ron,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,boilsssssssssssssss,,,oo ooooooyaaaaaaaa

Hitts0n
08-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Congrats Ron,another great report!!
I guess I have to get out there and add to the reports tomorrow am !!

socalbassboy
08-02-2012, 05:29 PM
awesome! gunna see if i can get anything going at p-mid tomorrow

cutbait
08-02-2012, 06:13 PM
My favorite Engineer on the super tuper top secret boils at Castaic!

Well until some yahoo's posted up yest and now all the riff raff are out chasin the Bako boys wake of striper destruction....

trail blazer
08-02-2012, 07:17 PM
How packed was it there ron?,,,any other FNNers?

T/B

fishinone
08-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Congrats Ron,another great report!!
I guess I have to get out there and add to the reports tomorrow am !!

Thank you Hitts. See you in the morning.

awesome! gunna see if i can get anything going at p-mid tomorrow

You should consider going to Castaic. Check out that Pyramid boil report now. It was bogus!

I'll have to keep in mind that there could be more than one white Whaler out there. If that's the guy I think it is, I invited him in to make bait a few years ago. He proceeded to make bait from my find, turned around and anchored in the spot that I was casting to, to catch striper, then 2 weeks later he lit into me for trolling 30 yds from where he was throwing swimbaits.

My favorite Engineer on the super tuper top secret boils at Castaic!

Well until some yahoo's posted up yest and now all the riff raff are out chasin the Bako boys wake of striper destruction....

I had the jackets in the truck but it was too warm.

I am the riff raff but I already knew about this before you let it slip.

T/B

It wasn't too bad. There were lots of people but with the fish all spread, out so were the boats.

We were crossing the lake not paying any mind to Gary when a boil came up right in front of him, Surprise, surprise! Mike cut the motor and we crashed to stop 2 long casts from the boil. It put them down. We received a polite lesson in boil etiquette. I'm pretty sure we were the ones who blasted away from him when we left or at least one of the ones. It took me a little more talking to get Mike to start sneaking to and from the boils. Luckily the fish were spread out.

I saw Gary and met Thebake, they were the only FNNers I know about. I talked to some other guys that I know from the lake.

trail blazer
08-03-2012, 04:19 AM
http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by trail blazerhttp://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=621694#post621694)

T/B

It wasn't too bad. There were lots of people but with the fish all spread, out so were the boats.

We were crossing the lake not paying any mind to Gary when a boil came up right in front of him, Surprise, surprise! Mike cut the motor and we crashed to stop 2 long casts from the boil. It put them down. We received a polite lesson in boil etiquette. I'm pretty sure we were the ones who blasted away from him when we left or at least one of the ones. It took me a little more talking to get Mike to start sneaking to and from the boils. Luckily the fish were spread out.

I saw Gary and met Thebake, they were the only FNNers I know about. I talked to some other guys that I know from the lake.

<<<<<END QUOTE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL,,,,,,,,OMG you crashed one of GAWYS boils,,,,,the HORRER,,,the H O R R E R!!!!!!!!LOLOLOLOL.

J/K,,,,,,,,,Im sure he wasn,t refering to you bro ,,thats just boil chasing,,,,although it is tougher on us lesser powerd boats like mine and garys when decent boil chasing ettiquette isnt observed,,,,,,,,,,,.

Myself and cutbait had to get sneeky on,m ,,,,,,,,,,,we couldnt get to the boils 1st before most of the other boats so we guessed on wich way a boiul was going and got in front of it and waited,,,,,,,It work,d many times for us that way,,,,,,,,NICE when your setting there and they come up within range,,,,THATS AT LEAST 1 WHOLE CAST BEFORE THE ARMADA COMES FLYING IN ON ,M,,,,,,,LOL.

Its FUNNNNNNN!

Thebake
08-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Ya I got a small "education" from Gary as well though I don't think I was crashing any boils. But he made some good points about shutting down the motor and going a bit more stealth. Something a I wish a few others would pick up on from the rest of the boaters. I try my best not to be one of those "run them over then cast" guys. I do know better. Thanks for being patient and not cutting my fuel line Gary. :Big Grin: I've been out there for a few years but am always learning. I think for the most part guys have been pretty respectful and careful of others so far. We can only set the example and kindly educate the rest. It's just fishing. No need to get too worked up. I'm kinda new to the board so If you see a old school orange ranger or white stingray (usually when I have my kids) say hi.

cutbait
08-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Ya I got a small "education" from Gary as well though I don't think I was crashing any boils. But he made some good points about shutting down the motor and going a bit more stealth. Something a I wish a few others would pick up on from the rest of the boaters. I try my best not to be one of those "run them over then cast" guys. I do know better. Thanks for being patient and not cutting my fuel line Gary. :Big Grin: I've been out there for a few years but am always learning. I think for the most part guys have been pretty respectful and careful of others so far. We can only set the example and kindly educate the rest. It's just fishing. No need to get too worked up. I'm kinda new to the board so If you see a old school orange ranger or white stingray (usually when I have my kids) say hi.

Bake was that you we saw out Weds? I remember an orange bass rig with a shirtless guy and a viser..

I agree with what you say.. If everyone can just keep this pleasant.. Enough fish for everyone for sure... Positive attitudes do pay off.. Leaving the pack to go find your own fish also pays off.. Fish are popping in a lot of regions.. If your getting frustrated {which is inevitable} go cool off and see if you can locate some more action... It works

Thebake
08-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Bake was that you we saw out Weds? I remember an orange bass rig with a shirtless guy and a viser..

I agree with what you say.. If everyone can just keep this pleasant.. Enough fish for everyone for sure... Positive attitudes do pay off.. Leaving the pack to go find your own fish also pays off.. Fish are popping in a lot of regions.. If your getting frustrated {which is inevitable} go cool off and see if you can locate some more action... It works

I was there Wednesday but in the family boat. Solo in the morning with my kids in the afternoon. Totally with ya on the go get your own at times. Paid off wednesday and got my kids friend on his first fish ever. Should have seen his face.

fishinone
08-03-2012, 04:19 PM
http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by trail blazerhttp://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=621694#post621694)

LOL,,,,,,,,OMG you crashed one of GAWYS boils,,,,,the HORRER,,,the H O R R E R!!!!!!!!LOLOLOLOL.

Its FUNNNNNNN!

I think that i might have quoted you out of context.

Khanh and I had a lot of fun today, but it wasn't by running through Gary's boils.:EyePop:

We talked to him this morning in line. He has clearly, given fishing a lot of thought.

trail blazer
08-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I think that i might have quoted you out of context.

Khanh and I had a lot of fun today, but it wasn't by running through Gary's boils.:EyePop:

We talked to him this morning in line. He has clearly, given fishing a lot of thought.

LOL,,,,,,Ya he has,,,,,,,,SUPERGENIOUS!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,j/k gawy,,,,,,,,,4RT#ER!!!

T/B