PDA

View Full Version : 8/1 BAKO BOYS dual BOIL Recon trips for Castaic/Pyramid lakes... BOILS BOILS!!!

cutbait
08-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Talked with Bob and Gawry and picked their brain and gathered the intel needed and they was RIGHT!!!!

TB and I planned on meeting at undisclosed location at 4 am then decide if Pyramid or Castaic was our destination enroute..

No reports from Pyramid had us intrigued, yet some real nice fish caught at Castaic from our pals had us torn..

Got to Smokey Bear rd and we were still arguing where to fish first... Big rigs had the off ramp blocked so they made it for us... WHEW!!!! great call!!!

So we were in line first as usual, we began our scan of the lake from the road and I glass some ripples where we had suspected them to be and where Bob and Gawry had seen some activity of late. In the gate and we head directly over passing on single fish swirls.. Never took boat out of gear and we were on BOILS for over an hour. Keep in mind its not 1 hr long boils, but chasing losely gathered fish for an 1hr. Multiple schools of loosely gathered fish and fish we later found out were very eager to eat compared to the fish we found later in the day.

TB strikes first on the first cast with the KPN, I am throwing a Alabama rig and hook up on first cast as well.

Two fish on the deck and these things are TANKS!!! solid 3-7 pound fish.. I say just a notch below San Antonio fish! Anyway, boil chasing drama/rust caught up to me and I had hook fouling issues, line fouling, birds nest, popping off lure newb fisherman drama.. I was going crazy, cussing, panicing... Meanwhile TB pounds fish after fish in the boat.. I look at the deck and see 6 fing fish floppin, sticking me with fins and only 1 is mine? Great,, TB on a roll!! Soon after that I shake off the rust and start pounding the fish to even up eventually with TB..

All day I threw the Bama rig and TB slayed on the KPN... We did try some Pencil Poppers, flukes and Kastmasters but none worked as well as the KPN and the Bama rig for sure!

We tried the Sammy, the BBZ, blah blah and they all were hit, but not as well..

BOILS were lake wide in the first hour and although numerous, frequent, and with hungry fish, they were not as intense of boils as later in the morning.

We probably saw 50? boils, with as many as several hundred in the most intense boil.

From 6-730 it was lake wide and frequent, around 830 we saw one great set with lots of fish on it but small fish From about 930 till we left at 1 ish? it was intense and very quick boils with only a single cast per boil if you were lucky to get to it before it went down.

Boil Chasers?? It was bad at one point in late am. 12-15 boats fightin, squashin,,, etc... I think we fished with a great group, cause neither TB or I lost our temper at others and the group didn't either. Sure there was some frustrations when lines got tangled three ways and to outboards, but I would fish boils everyday with todays group...

Boils at Castaic is what it is and you know what I mean... If you let it get to you, your better off staying home..

At one point we were literally BY OURSELVES in the back of the fish arm. I mean a boil popped up and we said its all ours and we can work it for awhile the right way, and literally within 30 seconds the armada was on top of us... they were outta sight??? where they come from.. Oh well, such is Castaic boil fishin....

Met Foreverskunked there,,, cool cat! nice seein ya! If your on the water and recognize us say hi will ya?

So here are the pics.. Kept 13, felt like 39 until we counted. We did get into a school of dinks early on near the west ramp that we didn't bother with hoping for a bunch more tanks and our plans to hit Pyramid later, we didn't want to be hamstrung with 1.5 lbers.. I farmed atleast half a dozen tanks, Scott however was 100% hookup to land ratio!

Oh yeah!,,, STAY AWAY FROM SHALLOW POINTS!!! the wet paperbag fighting green carp are so thick, you cant get near a point without one fouling your baits

Here is Scott with that early morning 6 we got. {5 were his}

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-08-01_08-09-42_997.jpg

Ice chest filled up quick!

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-08-01_08-54-25_617.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-08-01_10-53-41_966.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-08-01_07-06-15_124.jpg

For Bob and Gawry when they choked on our baits!!

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-08-01_07-30-55_542.jpg

What they are chasin!

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-08-01_07-31-00_305.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-08-01_15-48-32_513.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-08-01_15-48-55_250.jpg

Biggest running 7.2... I can't see a non photoed Pyramid fish being bigger than these Castaic fish, IMO

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-08-01_15-48-55_250.jpg

Part two of the report..

Got to Pyramid and fished it hard for 4 hrs almost.. Water temp 80, air temp atleast 10 degrees hotter than Castaic, wind manageble but stronger than Staic.

Clumps of cheese floating all over the lake the size of tables... Untrollable for sure, water a stained ugly brown like Bobs underwear...

The cheese looked like kelp patties. Infact I threw the iron on them to see if the dorado or yellowtail were around.. Nothin!

Did see 20-30 shad at the marina, did not see one other fisherman, not one boil and certainly not one fish.

Do what ya want but if you fish Pyramid over Castaic in the near future? Your chosing poorly

Good luck at Castaic and remember BOIL CHASING SEASON is nerve racking! Your not the only one trying to catch fish and if you have a fast boat DONT SQUASH em before everyone gets on em

cutbait
08-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Forgot to mention I had multiple hookups on the Bama rig and straightened a hook out loosing one fish

TroutOnly
08-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Get back to the bako-duct and stay there you boilwhores,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,

fishinone
08-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Dual boil reports. Awesome!

You guys did well today.

trail blazer
08-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Cutbait didnt mention the 2 that floped out of the deadbox right back into the lake,,,lol,,,,,,or the fact that later in the day that his CALIBAMA rig was absolutely on fire,,,,

WOW,,,,,,,That was fun bro!,,,,,,,,AGAIN SOOOOOONNNNNNN!

T/B

trail blazer
08-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Get back to the bako-duct and stay there you boilwhores,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,The BAKO BOY BOIL WHORES,,,,

Actually,,,,,,,,we,l take,m any way we can get,m,,,,,,,,,,,,,STRIPERJUNKIES!

T/B

dkinla
08-01-2012, 09:48 PM
what a freakin awesome report! looks like you guys had a blast out there!

you two caught more stripers in a day than I will in the next 10 years combined at Pyramid and Castaic :LOL:

Demizer
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Man, nice catches. I just spent over $8 for 1.9lbs striper at market. Such a rip off, i dont how you guys do it.

fishinone
08-02-2012, 12:09 AM
I just read this more carefully. I guess I'll take your word for the condition of Bob's underwear.

I didn't realize earlier that Pyramid was a bust.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Mur-der dea-th ke-el

Ahhhh yes…..good to asee you two on some o those FEESH

Great work out there….U brought home MORE than 4-T pounds of feesh ….didn’t you !

Ahhhhh ha ha ha

Great work guys…

It really is nerve racking and really is A LOT of WORK, there should be no disolutions that each one of those catches were hard erned…it’s no cake walk out there.

Now add the plethera of boats rolling in and it becomes more difficult..

Which leads me to note :

PLEASE PLEASE
To all:
when anyone is out there and rolls up on another angler on what they percieve as fish…stoping and wait 1-2 minutes and not see anything..

PLEASE do not simply gas it off from that zone…the person sitting there with their motor off was patiently waiting for things to quite down and the fish get into their natural state….

Gassing it off to the next spot totally undermines the other peoples efforts to let the noise die out and the fish to come up…and iz flat out inconsiderate

Let’s PLEASE be respectful of other anglers…

Really think about it….would you want others to do that to you…definitely not..

We can all get on fish if we are mindful of others…

Plenty of fish in the lake…let’s not impede the next guys oportunities in order to get ours..

Patience is key when rolling up on these fish..

The fast run and gun does not work right now and only serves to undermine everyones chance at a strike..

Slow roll up

Patience seems to pay off in the end…even though it’s real hard to not want to blast up on them…in the end the patient approach puts more fish in the boat..

Idling up instead of a run and gun..

Anyways..

Great job on those fish out there you bakonians…

Saweeet !

Gary

Hitts0n
08-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Man this report has been very encouraging!!
The Bako Beat Down August Edition !

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Man this report has been very encouraging!!
The Bako Beat Down August Edition !

NO Hitt's...they are not biting on the surf rig on meal worms

Ahhhh ha ha ha

If ur jockeying for an event...SET IT UP...I'll attend...but I won't be arranging any of my events there myself due to staff at the lake

cutbait
08-02-2012, 06:15 PM
You guys crack me up!...

Seriously though, thanks for the shared info... You guys know who you are!

Scottie... Was a blast brosef!

While I apologize for PMS late in the day, your going to have to make your mind up about one thing... Razz me about my mid day naps? or deal with my PMS in the afternoons! Your call

Hitts0n
08-02-2012, 06:29 PM
NO Hitt's...they are not biting on the surf rig on meal worms

Ahhhh ha ha ha

If ur jockeying for an event...SET IT UP...I'll attend...but I won't be arranging any of my events there myself due to staff at the lake

Naw i'm good.I can wait for the 29th.But its not mealworms its power eggs..hahahahahah!!:Secret:

trail blazer
08-02-2012, 07:47 PM
You guys crack me up!...

Seriously though, thanks for the shared info... You guys know who you are!

Scottie... Was a blast brosef!

While I apologize for PMS late in the day, your going to have to make your mind up about one thing... Razz me about my mid day naps? or deal with my PMS in the afternoons! Your call

LOLOLOL,,,,,,,,Anything for you bro,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,when boil season is over anyway,,,,we need those eagle eyes of yours on point at all times ,,scanning the horizion for schools of yellow eyed devilfish,,,,,,,lololol,,,,,,,Il be gentler on ya next time bro,,LOL

T/B

trail blazer
08-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Naw i'm good.I can wait for the 29th.But its not mealworms its power eggs..hahahahahah!!:Secret:

Id sure try to be there,,,,,,,,with 3 days off every 3 weeks its tough but id sure try

breeze71
08-06-2012, 09:34 AM
I wuv u guys!!!

KILL!!!

trail blazer
08-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I wuv u guys!!!

KILL!!!

We WUB you too HIRO my brother,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see ya soon im sure!

T/B

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-06-2012, 02:17 PM
We WUB you too HIRO my brother,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see ya soon im sure!

T/B

Sounds to me like a trip to the “motel..NO TELL” followed by a pumphouse trip…of course..

Remember: what happens at the pumphouse STAYS at the pumphouse..

NO report needed

Aww..looks like a bromace…how sweet : )

Don’t you think that Cutbait is gonna get jealeous ?

Ian
08-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Anybody getting them on the u-rigs between boils?

cutbait
08-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Anybody getting them on the u-rigs between boils?

The master is getting them, all we got was green carp

trail blazer
08-08-2012, 08:06 AM
The green carp are 5 feet off bottom in 30 feet of water on every point we went over in the ski arm BETWEEN C PT AND SLALOM CV stacked up like cordwood.

T/B

Hitts0n
08-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Are u guys trolling power mouses? If so what colors? LMAO !!

Ian
08-09-2012, 07:09 AM
What's green carp? duh

fishinone
08-09-2012, 07:24 AM
What's green carp? duh

Green carp is synonymous with ugly green bycatch.

OK it's LMB. I thought everybody knew that.

trail blazer
08-10-2012, 06:58 AM
GreenCarp=,,,,,,,,,ugly green bycatch/habitat hoarders/FW tommy cod/yuk/Wet paper sacks/LMB/.