PDA

View Full Version : san clemente pier drop shot flaties 7/28

twin22s
08-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Late report ...

took my son to the pier last saturday to get out of the house. i fished for a few hours in between playing with a sabiki with him. i was throwing a drop shot rig with a 6" minnow. had to work hard for the two shorts that i caught. one 18" and the other around 14". the bite off the pier seems to be consistant. i catch atleast 2 shorts every time i go. haven't caught a leagal since Jan. though. i use the same rig around the rocks out there for rockfish, scupin and the occational bass too.

tight lines...

sorry no pics, posting from my desk at lunch.

Which Way Out
08-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Great day either way right?

Keep it going and I bet the little one out fishes you before you know it.

WWO

skunked4life
08-03-2012, 08:21 AM
From the pier? Fantastic! By any chance did you see anyone on the surf?

twin22s
08-04-2012, 09:03 AM
there seem to be alot of halibut stacked up on the piers just like the bait does. SC pier also has alot of scattered rocks and pieces of the original pier around it making it a pretty good place to go. my PB halibut, sheephead, leopard shark, and Black Sea Bass(CPRevivedR'd) were all caught from that pier.

I don't pay alot of attention to the people on the beach, chacing my 4yr old and trying to catch something usualy keeps me pretty busy. I have seen some people perch fishing there before and i myself have had sucess from the sand, but with the waves in san clemente consistatly 3ft or more i would bet trying to catch a halibut from the beach would be a challange. i have never seen anyone try it. I will be looking for a place to get my LC wet around that area though.