PDA

View Full Version : Another Long Report

Kidfish
07-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Been fish for the past few weeks all over the Long Beach area and now decided to finally post.

7/10

Went to the jetty at 6 am with my buddy Gilbert it was pretty slow and we worked our way down the jetty and finally got to a spot and Gilbert hooked a small hali and then a guy walks up right next to me and brings up a 22'' halibut in my spot. So I started to throw my jerk bait where he caught the legal hali and then I hook up on my six pound test rod and the fish turned out to be 18''. I then throw in the same spot and boom I farm another but then the bite just shut off really quick and later I left at 10am.

7/14

I came out to the jetty at 6 am and fished the same spots and mostly lizard fish but I finally weeded through them all and I caught a nice 1 lb sand bass (no pic). There was nothing happening so I left because fishin was so slow.

7/15

I went kayak fishing at 6am because the jetty was really slow. My friend Troy and I hit a few of my spots and he caught 2 sand bass and a hali while I caught a sand bass and a spotty (no pic) and farmed five. We ended our day at two.

7/17

I went on my kayak at 6am and fish my spots and caught three nice spottys and farmed 2 and caught a tomcod all on a swimbait.

7/20

I went out on my kayak again at 6am and caught three spottys and one was 2 lbs and I didnt get a pic of one.But I farmed one that day I ended at 11 am.

7/21

Went to the jetty and fished with my fishing buddy Gilbert and he brought some lug worms because fishing was slow there. I caught one skate. We moved up the jettty and Gilbert caught a turbot and I caught two small halis on the jerk bait and I later left.

7/22

Because the jetty was slow Gilbert and I went on the kayaks at 6am and Gilbert caught on small hali. While I caught a hali a sand bass and a rockfish. But some rude no nothing boat driver made Gilbert drop his rod in the water.

7/24

Went to the jetty and was skunked.

7/25

Took my dads boat out to the wall to see it was working good we got to nachos for some dines and I caught 3 tomcod. We tried for halis and nothing on our way to the outside wall we saw a 6 ft thresher shar jump 3 three times so we tried for that and nothing we move to the outside and I caught a calico a sand bass and a 5lb sand bass and my dad caught a perch.

7/26

Went to the jetty with my buddy Troy and before he got there I caught I yellowfin croaker and dumped a legal hali. We move down to the end and troy caught two sand bass and I caught a hali.

7/29

Went to the jetty with Troy and Gilbert I out fished them with a 18'' hali and a 10'' hali and a spotty(no pic)I later left at 12.

Kidfish
07-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Here are some more.

Tee-Roy
07-31-2012, 03:30 PM
nice report!! i noticed in the sunset photo that your by marine stadium? are u fishing in the harbor or all out by the jetty?

fishshep
07-31-2012, 08:43 PM
You don't work!!! :LOL:

That is a lot of fishing

in a short time !

Personally, I gave up on that Jetty

a long time ago, to many better places to

fish LBC than that :Wink:

Kidfish
08-01-2012, 08:54 AM
nice report!! i noticed in the sunset photo that your by marine stadium? are u fishing in the harbor or all out by the jetty?

I fish both

Which Way Out
08-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Good work KID.
Glad to see you out having fun during the summer. Just get ready to hit the books soon. I really would like to see you get good grades and be successful in whatever you do when you grow up. I still bet in will be in the fishing industry in some way.

Keep fishing and enjoy the rest of the summer. BTW great report as always

WWO

bloox8
08-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Good job dude! Way to fish it up. I was starting to wonder what you've been up to and whether you've been getting any love.

Keep it up Kid.

Kidfish
08-02-2012, 06:22 PM
I got some nice love from them bass Thien.