PDA

View Full Version : sand bass here one day gone the next?????!!!! skunk festival in the oc...

BALLERONBUDGET
07-30-2012, 10:14 PM
348/280s were the counts outta newport landing mid week.. but damn few caught on wknd not even toads more like barely legals !!!!! loaded boats due to twilight specials.. 3+hrs driving barely 1.5hr lines of actual fishing time:Evil: saw prob 10fish for 50guys on nautilus:Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twist ed: gotta wonder if these were actual counts or %$%$ mark ups....u know the deal hmhhhmmmmmmmmm

LittleJigger96
07-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Yea I know its weird how the bass are here 1 or 2 days. It seemed that the bite happened early this year because I went in the begining of June and caught limits of bass and barracuda. Im going out on a 3/4 day on Sunday ill let you know how it is.

castle
07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Dude! listen to me! Go in September when all the damm kids are back in school and mamma and pappa are broke!

angelsfan951
07-31-2012, 06:06 PM
50 guys?? u got lucky i went on a sunday and holly **** we had at least 75 a bunch of idiots crossing every1s lines no respect for others..

CraigH
07-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Dude! listen to me! Go in September when all the damm kids are back in school and mamma and pappa are broke!

Good advice. I already posted a report about my twilight trip. There were 47 on the boat, but by about 8:00 it was down to 30 or so fishing with the rest being tired kids and seasick people of all ages. I'm guessing 5 or 6 of the people were deadheading friends of the crew.

JapanRon
07-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi BALLERONBUDGET,

Don't know if the Groupon thing is the real reason for the service isssues but don't think so. South Coast boats seem to have always packed on as many as possible from many years back. Don't believe me ... I've got archives from 10 years ago !!

JapanRon