PDA

View Full Version : Dad and son bluegill tournement at eldo.

Bassman1414
07-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey all, I talked my dad into taking me for an afternoon session at Eldo.My dad and I had a tournoment for bluegill. We slayed the gills. I caught a giant as big as my head. 1.0pound. My dad caught its little bro. a little smaller. Then my dad catches the same one as he did before. I hook up with a big one a little bigger than my dads. We spot a bass destroying the little gills. My dad through his drop shot out there he comes off:mad:. It was only 0.5 pounds if that. Then I through my texas rigged worm it came off:mad:. Then we saw a big 4 pounder in a differant spot. It ate 2 bluegill at once.:!!!: Over all about 20 gills 0 bass. Of course I won the tournement:Big Grin:Then I will the Bassmaster classic ( In my dreams haha) I love to fish and im 11 year old boy. I caught my pb gill.If all you out there could give me tips for my dad and I that would be awesome.:Big Grin: Also some tips on swimbaits would rock. thanks for reading.Tight lines.
Bassman1414

Ifishtoolittle
07-30-2012, 10:18 PM
It sounds like you had a nice outing with your old man. Cherish those moments bud. The best fishing memories one could have are usually with your father.

Greg Madrigal
07-31-2012, 09:05 AM
Cool report! Sounds like a fun day. I love using mini jigs in yellow & white for gills. What did you mostly use. BTW, It's THROW, not through, the line out into the water. No biggy, just thought u might wanna know. :)
You need to learn how to post photos. If you did that, your reports would be OFF TH HOOK!

Nice job!

fishmounter
08-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Hey way to go on the Bluegill Bassman1414! You guys need to get out to Lake Perris for some real fun on the big Bluegill and Redear Sunfish! And to correct Greg... you were closer than he was with your word choice. At least "through" is pronounced the same as your proper word choice, but the correct spelling is "threw". But hey for an 11 year old kid, you are doing great! But who am I to judge you, I didn't finish med school..

Bassman1414
08-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Haha thanks guys. Its summer havent been in school for a 2 months so that explains threw and through. Ok and see yall later.