PDA

View Full Version : Lost wallet @ West Fork

white belt
07-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Terrible day... lost my wallet as the title says, caught nothing but an attitude from the wifey and had to walk through trash the whole day. I'm talking a plethora of trash. Anything you can think of: diapers, shoes, socks, clothing, towels, chairs, toys, books, old fruit, melted candles, bottles, juice boxes... I mean I understand if you're a lazy POS and you drop your food wrappers, but who leaves their toys, clothing and chairs?? Makes no freaking sense. Fished it from 8-11 and caught one bite. Lost it when I realized I left my pliers in a previous spot and it shook off. Went back at 5 to look for my wallet and no luck, but even more trash. One of those days. Anyone find a wallet out there let me know. It's in one of the fishable spots before the green rope swing. Thanks... I'm not holding my breath though :Embarrassed::Crying:

Lakerfan160
07-30-2012, 07:31 PM
That is a terrible day, i hope u get your wallet back

WARRIORMIKE
07-30-2012, 08:21 PM
I was up there Sunday. Mad house of people. I saw of group of folks conducting a baptism there. I was like WTF?? you did better then I did though. I wont be visiting that place again. Suck cause that place as a lot of potential too.

ScottyP
07-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Sorry about your wallet, I hope it turns up. I don't waste my time at the West Fork in the summer. Now is the time to target warm water fish, bluegill and carp are at their best right now. The water is too warm for trout, and catching them right now is pretty much a death wish for them even with the safest catch and release. I won't be back to West Fork until October or November, there is nobody there and no trash during the winter.

carpanglerdude
07-30-2012, 08:36 PM
I hope you find your wallet. Maybe someone will be a Good Samaritan and send it back to you.

Yesterday, I explored a similar stream in the San Gabriels. I picked up 15+ plastic bottles laying in the creek in just a .25 mile area

white belt
07-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys... I guess I wont be back there for a few months. Now for the fun of replacing everything.

Oh and they cant even mail it back to me because I have my old address on there. Jokes on me.

flyhigh123
07-30-2012, 09:57 PM
i agree on the trash. those people have no respect and utilize a FREE resource.... tired of all the good free things in california being ruined by those types of people

Carptain_Bao
07-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Hope you get your wallet back, it will get better when the summer passes. Now there are just way too many ppl

old pudd fisher
07-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Hope you get your wallet back, it will get better when the summer passes. Now there are just way too many ppl Yeap! or hike pass them, sorry about your bad day and hope your wallet didn't have anything of value in it. S..t happens sometimes.

ALandsford
07-30-2012, 11:19 PM
I hope you find your wallet. I did find a few articles (one old) about the trash in the canyon.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-06-23/news/ga-7357_1_san-gabriel-valley

http://www.sangabrielmountains.org/angeles_national_forest_draws_flood_visitors,_tric kle_resources

white belt
07-31-2012, 06:11 AM
Yikes that article was in 94! I bet its 10x worse now. I saw about 5 families walking out, no one had a trash bag or even threw anything into the bins. Some humans ARE trash.

The Fishing Queen
07-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry about your terrible day,WB! You must feel down after you lost everything you carry in your wallet - ID, credit cards, etc... Just hoping someone will be nice to turn it in at the rangers station. You may contact the ranger's office and see if anyone found your wallet. At least report it because if there is a chance, don't let it slip by. The worst situation is that the person who found it might take your cash then throw the wallet away. Then the next person who finds it might be report it.

Some people live like pigs and have bad manners leaving their trash everywhere they go. Everything seems disposable to them and they are too lazy to take their garbage with them or carry their own stuff back. It hurts me to see how they trash the beautiful mountains that we adore so much.

sandtrout
07-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Lost my wallet once and even though I called everyone there had been 2 "hits". Here's something for you to check out about who to call...

http://www.dfi.wa.gov/consumers/education/identity_theft/if_you_lose.htm

white belt
07-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks guys. I'll call the station tomorrow and read up on that site from my comp. No charges so f ar so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Lady Quagga
08-02-2012, 02:50 PM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/98/wallett.jpg

white belt
08-02-2012, 04:20 PM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/98/wallett.jpg

http://gifsoup.com/view6/3320136/enhance-super-troopers-o.gif

fishfinder
08-02-2012, 06:23 PM
My wife was visiting her friend in louisiana, and they went to walmart. she forgot her purse in the cart in the parking lot. drove away, and remembered it, so she turned around and was back in 2 minutes and it was gone. She called me bawling, so i called the credit card company, and within 5 minutes of being stolen there were 3 charges on her card.

vortec_cruiser
08-06-2012, 03:13 PM
i agree on the trash. those people have no respect and utilize a FREE resource.... tired of all the good free things in california being ruined by those types of people

Those people have absolutely no respect for this country or its environment. Look at any recreational area right after a summer weekend.

Viejo
08-06-2012, 03:38 PM
In the summer months, that stretch and downstream have the highest Fecal Coliform counts of any sampled water in Southern California. It is dangerous to play there in more than one way.

castle
08-14-2012, 02:51 PM
The same thing happened to me a couple months ago except at an Arco station I swiped my card, some one got my number and charged 1200 dollars of gas at various stations in the Ontario, Cucamkonga area. I got it resolved eventually.

white belt
08-14-2012, 03:54 PM
In the summer months, that stretch and downstream have the highest Fecal Coliform counts of any sampled water in Southern California. It is dangerous to play there in more than one way.

Good to hear. Maybe nature will get her revenge then.