PDA

View Full Version : anybody no where i can find sum bonito

mcfadden fisher
08-24-2007, 04:09 PM
im takin my lil cousin fishing and was wondering were i could find sum bonito cause there small and there a good fight oh yea by the way r they eatable

k3vin_kim
08-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, Catalina should still be kickin' out some bones. ARE THEY EDIBLE?!?!?! Ask FunJunkie74 about his Spicy Bonito Roll action.

SanDimasLMB
08-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Here comes another topic about "Can you eat bonito?"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Greg Madrigal
08-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey thyere mcfadden fisher. I have been having great luck on small bonies at the baitbarges and just off the south tip of the outer Long Beach break wall. There are plenty of macks mixed in and lotsa small barries and a few larger models 2. Good luck.

use 6lb test and you trout setup for a wild time. Make sure to retie often as the shread your line near the hook after a few fish.

Recommendations are:

Blue & white:
Crocs
boney feathers
3-4" fish traps

Silver:
Crocs (3-4" models)

GM

ghetto dad
08-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah, Catalina should still be kickin' out some bones. ARE THEY EDIBLE?!?!?! Ask FunJunkie74 about his Spicy Bonito Roll action.

hell, k3vin eats seals, so hell tell you anything tastes good!! lol...if you bleed them as soon as you catch them, they are really good......ill take them over seal anytime

xahx
08-27-2007, 06:31 PM
have you tried beer battered pelican? mmmmmm delicious :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

smokehound
08-29-2007, 12:54 AM
Hit up any pier with a megabait spoon. Those produce!

mg2969
08-29-2007, 06:37 AM
I agree with Greg Madrigal (back 4 posts)
Right out side Entrance to Los Al to Island Chafee to the start of LB Breakwall.
Like a nice triangle.
and yes
on crocs too

Another spot is cabrillo out side angels gate hang a right and troll to the kelp patties along the outside of the wall. Fish finder showed at least 3 huge schools of macs and bonito