PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio yesterday

snospdr
07-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Got to the lake with a buddy about 4 and started the troll in 80 feet of water between the South Shore Marina and the swim beach. Put Alabama rigs 20 and 25 feet down on downriggers and a couple of flat lines out. Not much on the meter, but birds all around. Went twenty minutes and hooked up with a screamer striper of 10 pounds off of a downrigger. 'Thought we were onto something. Couple more passes then headed down to Harris Creek, gradually moving in to shallower water looking for bait and fish. We hoped to have some fish move in to start doing some topwater action but it was not to be. Moved down to Bee Rock Cove and the dam. Saw a little bait on top here and there, but by 8:30 no fish chasing shad on top and not another fish on ice. We did meter some nice spots of bait just north of the marina, but nothing marked around them. There had been some reports of fish on top in the mornings and evenings, but nothing we could see and only a couple of other boats that we could see.
Well, a beautiful evening, lots of fish stories and a fish in the box. Life is pretty good!

MonsterGuppy
07-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Thx very much for the report:Envious: my wallet and gas gage both are a little happer now :)

joejoe77
07-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the report. Heading out there Thurs morning. Still hoping to get my first one. But if not those smallies are fun too.

snospdr
07-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Hey JoeJoe - keep us posted on how it goes and I'll do the same in the coming weeks.

joejoe77
07-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Will do, Ill post something Thursday night. Im thinking bout trying some spoons. Wish me luck.

plumbertom
07-31-2012, 04:38 AM
Here it is 4:30 and I'll be out the door in just a few to give the lake a try today.
I'm hoping the morning bite will be a bit better.
Report later.

taylor31
07-31-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm pulling an all nighter Friday or Saturday night last time we got into the between 4:30 and 6:00 in the morning.

snospdr
07-31-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm pulling an all nighter Friday or Saturday night last time we got into the between 4:30 and 6:00 in the morning.

Okay, keep the info. coming in - the good, the bad, and the ugly!