PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 7- 29

P.A.W.
07-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Skinner can be an odd place. Fish are still kinda spooky yet when they do bite they are all-in. Caught some on Senkos but not one had the Senko mustache. They all just inhaled the bait deeep. Also I've been practicing casting my new Revo Toro with big baits and I caught as many fish on a 6" Producer plug as I did on finesse plastics. Real hard to come up with a pattern this way. Just come to an area and poke around with the palstic and if nothing hits then search the area with the plug farther out. Gotta be flexible. I guess that may be a pattern in itself? Well, for the striper guys I went right to the inlet at 6:15 and after 2 casts had one in the well. That was it. Used everything I had from jerkbaits to flukes to topwaters. Nanda.

So 1 striper and about 8 LMB.

JAG107
07-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Nice haul Pat! Wish I went there instead of DVL, all my buddy and I caught there was a big fat skunk. Not even a bluegill!
So are you still trolling for the stripers at all, or are you just going for the topwater goodness?

P.A.W.
07-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Funny you should ask. I went out today with every intention of trying out the troll. My U rig needs new swimbaits and I was too lazy to fix it up last night so I left the trolling setup in the garage. I won't be out for two weeks now so plenty of time to re-rig. Plus I have been kinda caught up in the Large Mouth thing. Lots to learn there. A friend just called and said he found some Alabama rigs on sale while he was in Tucson and bought me one. Just the thing for my second swimbait rod. Hmmmmmmmmm

MWD RICH
07-30-2012, 08:45 AM
I was there for the first time on fri (from the shore ).and got a fat lil 2 pounder. What color sinkos are you useing & trig or wacky.
Thanks

P.A.W.
07-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I use watermelon, green pumpkin etc. Basically green things. All wacky rigged and let 'em fall slow and stealthy.

ben0606
07-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Paw,

Love following your reports, your vacation week was like watching a mini series on tv. I am usually torn on hitting skinner as I only live a mile from the dam but reading your posts have rejuvenated skinner for me. Hope to be able to pass on some future reports. Thanks for the reports

Ben