PDA

View Full Version : How is Green valley for trout?

LittleJigger96
07-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Might be heading up to green valley for some trout instead but have been hearing some bad things about it. Anyone know where the trout are hitting best from shore? What are you using I'm a jigger so if any jigs or power worms are working what have the best colors been. Any info would help out.

kwike92
07-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Might be heading up to green valley for some trout instead but have been hearing some bad things about it. Anyone know where the trout are hitting best from shore? What are you using I'm a jigger so if any jigs or power worms are working what have the best colors been. Any info would help out.

i been fishing green valley probably at least twice a month for the last few months.. last i was there was about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I fished from shore by the damn.

i myself do a lot of jigging, i was on the shore, so i couldn't really get out to far, i mean, i probably caught about 20 crappie within 4 hours on the jigs(i used 1/16oz green and orange lip rippers), but not trout. the trout i caught was on corn and cheese power bait with about a 3ft leader on 2lb fluorocarbon . I also did well with night crawlers on a 3 ft leader. i injected them with air to suspend them in the water.

over all i caught about 4 trout, biggest was about 3lbs and smallest was maybe less then a pound. The crappie were little.

i was there for a total of about 6 hours.

they also charge 15$ a person to fish there.

Viejo
07-29-2012, 01:08 PM
It's all good. Regarding your requests....It's tough to dig out the information but maybe this will help. Sometimes it's right where you might look for it.

"i been fishing green valley probably at least twice a month for the last few months.. last i was there was about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I fished from shore by the damn.

i myself do a lot of jigging, i was on the shore, so i couldn't really get out to far, i mean, i probably caught about 20 crappie within 4 hours on the jigs(i used 1/16oz green and orange lip rippers), but not trout. the trout i caught was on corn and cheese power bait with about a 3ft leader on 2lb fluorocarbon . I also did well with night crawlers on a 3 ft leader. i injected them with air to suspend them in the water.

over all i caught about 4 trout, biggest was about 3lbs and smallest was maybe less then a pound. The crappie were little.

i was there for a total of about 6 hours.

they also charge 15$ a person to fish there."

khanhqpham
07-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Fished for the first time at Green Valley Lake on Saturday with 2 other friends. The action from shore was hit and miss in the morning and looked dead by 1100. We rented a row boat and fished the middle of the lake by the swim area. Caught around 20 trout and 50 crappie and 2 small bass. We were jigging and drop shoting Gulp 1.5 inch power minnows and power worms. Orange was the color in the morning and charthreuse was hot between 11 and 1230. We had an almost wide open action at HIGH NOON!!! ALso caught 3 trout on charthreuse power bait.... they did hit any of the other colors. Left at 1pm. I'll try to post pics later......

angelsfan951
08-15-2012, 09:52 PM
I just started fishing up their for about a month.... The trout are really active in the morning from 730am till 930 am thats the time i usually start catching some...
i was their just last week.. caught 6 rainbows on rainbow powerbait scented with garlic... best spot would be close to the east side of the dam...
i had good luck up their i never get skunked and always almost leave near my limit with in 2 hours..

u are aware the limit is 5 right?? and THEIR IS NO CATCH AND RELEASE specially on power bait!!! only on artificial baits!