07-28-2012, 03:06 PM
So are they valid lake from lake?

say Perris to Castaic?

Does Big Bear use tags?

thanks
-bb

HBAR
07-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Castaic tags are only good with Piru and Pryamid, it would be great if they all accepted each other tags but they don't

Pete Marino
07-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Here are some facts as I know them and that are completely true...

PERRIS accepts ...Silverwood and Perris tags ONLY. (Even though Castaic accepts Perris tags, Perris doesnt return the favor)

SILVERWOOD accepts... PERRIS AND SILVERWOOD tags ONLY.
DIAMOND VALLEY accepts DIAMOND VALLEY tags ONLY.

CASTAIC ACCEPTS...tags from CASTAIC, PERRIS, SILVERWOOD, PYRAMID, and PIRU and a couple more lakes in northern LA county ( CASTAIC acually accepts tags from the 7 lake chain of lakes that include these mentioned. (The furthest east lakes are Silverwood and Perris) But not Diamond Valley.. Castaic doesnt accept Diamond Valleys tag

I had my Perris tag on my boat and I wanted to fish the Casstaic Night tournament a couple weeks ago so I made many calls to the Castaic Lake superintendents (there are a few of them) and they all assured me that they would accept a Perris tag. So I fished Perris that morning and then got my boat tagged and then went straight to Castaic and they accepts the Perris tag.
The bummer was that Perris does not accept Castaics tag in return so I had to dry up the boat ( which isnt a big deal) and have it inspected at Perris to be allowed back on Perris.
The Castaic lake SuperIntendants told me that Castaic acually accept tags from like 7 lakes because they are all fed by the same water with Perris and Silverwood being the furthest lakes to the east.

Pete

blackberg
07-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Thanks guys,

such a mess,

sounds like we are in California or something :Head Bang:
-bb

Slick Rick
07-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Castaic lake accepted my DVL tags... I was just there a few weeks ago and they accepted it just fine. Below is a email I received from them before I drove up. Staff at the inspection booth knew exactly what to do and waved me right by. I'm not saying Pete is wrong... maybe I got lucky? Ask 10 different people and you'll surely get 10 different answers.

Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 9:32 AM
To: Rick
Subject: RE: Inspection Tags

We will accept the Diamond Valley tag. They may not accept our tag when you return there.

Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 9:31 AM
To: Quagga
Subject: Inspection Tags

Are you accepting the clean and dry tags from other so cal lakes at Castaic Lake? For instance, my boat is currently tagged from Diamond Valley Lake. Would that tag be excepted at Castaic?

Thanks,

Rick

Pete Marino
07-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Thats cool..that they accepted DVL tags.. Its all good... I didnt ask them about the DVL tag cause I had a Perris tag on my boat, not the DVL. Glad it worked for you..

Pete

Slick Rick
07-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah... I was happy about it. Especially since there inspection seems a lot more involved that DVL. (Time wise anyway)

Like you said though... it sure would be nice if DVL started acknowledging the other lakes inspection program. It would save us all a lot of head ache.

-Rick

augnmike
07-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Big Bear does have tags and they only accept BB tags as far as I know.

tracker16
07-31-2012, 09:07 AM
This last weekend i was coming back from Moneray in the morning and there was a mist rolinh off the car my question is do I have to wipe down the boat truck and teailer before going to San Antonio and if its foggy and mist is on the boat what thin, do i wait for the sun to com out and wipe down everything. I have never been throuth a check point and have no idea what is going on on these check points, any help please

augnmike
08-01-2012, 09:12 AM
If the boat is wet including the bunks (carpeting) you are hosed depending on the lake. Some are Nazi's about it and some act like they just smoked a fatty before you pulled up. Kind of depends.

HBAR
08-01-2012, 10:18 AM
here this might help you out a bit http://www.castaiclake.com/ansinspections.html