PDA

View Full Version : fly gear for sale closet cleaning

stripersondafly
07-28-2012, 07:41 AM
For sale i have a few things for fly fishng, too much gear and not enough time to use them.
1.] Sage XI3 690-4, new condition , never fished, factory tube and sock, no card-$450.
2.]Orvis Helios 105-4, ex.+ cond. fishd once, factory tube & sock, no card-$450.
3.] R.L. Winston B2MX 696-4, ex. used twice cond., factory tube and sock,no card-$400.
4.] G. Loomis NRX 1088-4(green version), ufished cond. w/factory tube and sock, no card-$480.
5.] G. Loomis GLX Native Run 1327-4(11ft.7wt.4pc.), ex.+cond. fished once, factory tube & sock-$475.
5.] Scott A3 808-4 new cond., unfished w/factory cordura covered divided rod tube-$170.
6.] Scott WarmWater Special Edition fly rod 806-3, ex. cond.,factory tube & sock-$400.
7.] Sage Bass II Peacock Bass 7'11"ft. 4pc. in ex. cond. fished once w/factory rod/reel holder w/Sage bass flyline(out of box but, uncast)-$450.
8.] R.L. Winson WT 410-3,ex. fished twice cond., factory rod tube and sock, this rod was built with an extra identical tip section for this rod so, you're getting a factory built Winston w/factory built identical exta tip section for this particular rod as each sections serial #'s matchup. -$400.
9.] G. Loomis Versa-Spey fr15056-4(121/2ft.5/6wt.4pc.) rod, ex.+cond., fished once w/factory tube and sock-$350.
10.] Orvis Clearwater 104-4, ex. used cond.w/factory tube and sock, no card-$150.

REELS
1.] Hardy 5000DD nib, never lined, w/box and pouch-$130.
2.] Bauer M-series M3, 2 of them both are identical cond(ex.+) and both are all gloss black but, no boxes or pouches for either-$180 each or take em both for $320.
3.] Orvis Battenkill LA III Limited/special Edition in deep red color, no box or pouch-$220.
4.] Lamson LP 3.5+(1) ex. spool both are in new cond. never fished w/boxes and reel has pouch-$120 reel spool-$50or take both for $140. also if you have one of these Lamson LP reels or a spool you can turn them into Lamson towards a discount on a new Guru/Velocity/Konic reel or spool and get 50% off each one.
5.] Lamson/Waterworks Force series reel F.2 in ex.cond. ,no box or pouch but this is esentially a new reel in that it just came back from factory where it was ugraded and overhauled to almost new spec. they replaced almost all internal working with the newest versions of each part including drag assembly, bearing and externally replaced drag knob so, what you have essentially is the older style Force frame and spool with the New internal parts of their newest version of Force reel and new drag knob to boot $250.

6.] LOOP HiTec #3, ex.+ cond. wpouch, no box, blue version -$500.
7.] LOOP L5W series reel model 4seven in ex.+ cond., no box or pouch-$350.
8.] Waterworks/Lamson Vanquish LT 5.6 fly reel mint in box w/pouch and letter from company to the buyer-$450.

Paypal only and will ship to only verified addresses on paypal account or $ for local pickup.

bassmeister
07-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Location ?

stripersondafly
07-29-2012, 04:46 AM
hello, next door to you in Torrance, im in Gardena.

lovefofish
07-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Hey man I just bought a 3wt. essence fc ross worldwide rod. what reel of these would match it well?

stripersondafly
07-30-2012, 07:45 AM
hey , for a 3wt. the only reels i have would be the Waterworks/Lamson Force 2.0 or I have a couple of the Cabela's WLX reels that are about the same size , a little heavier but, about half the price of the Lamson Force. the Cabela's WLX reels are actually made by Lamson for Cabela's you can see more details on Cabelas.com

stripersondafly
07-30-2012, 07:47 AM
see my thread above as i changed prices in the original thread.

Viejo
07-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Thinking you might be posting this on the wrong forum. "

Waterworks/Lamson Vanquish LT 5.6 fly reel mint in box w/pouch and letter from company to the buyer-$420."

You're not the buyer? Something fishy here. I fly fish but I wouldn't touch this stuff with your ten foot pole.

stickboy
07-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Thinking if you're not intrested in his stuff then don't buy it

Viejo
07-31-2012, 05:27 AM
Thinking if you're not intrested in his stuff then don't buy it

Actually...you are correct. Something is fishy here. There are some people who are very interested in high end items like this and maybe they will contact the seller.

stripersondafly
07-31-2012, 05:46 AM
Viejo...fishy?? oh man , u want to know the story for this equip. sale?? well, i lost my job back in Dec. and already went through my 401k and this is about what i got left of my fly fishing equipment, i luv my gear but, you tell me do i keep it or do i eat and have a roof over my head for a little while longer?

white belt
07-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Viejo is just looking out for the fnn community, and he does have a legit reason. Who uses a new rod once then buys another $500+ dollar rod? And if you were so economically strapped, why do you have $10,000 worth of gear in your closet? Buyer beware that's all. Good luck on your sales striper. If you really are legit I wish you the best.

Viejo
07-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Viejo is just looking out for the fnn community, and he does have a legit reason. Who uses a new rod once then buys another $500+ dollar rod? And if you were so economically strapped, why do you have $10,000 worth of gear in your closet? Buyer beware that's all. Good luck on your sales striper. If you really are legit I wish you the best.

Sorry friends....Alarm bells and whistles going off loudly here. This is not the place to be trying to sell very high end fly gear...for a lot of reasons nor would I ever consider buying something like this from someone who only joined to get rid of his merchandise. It's a great story and I am sympathetic. Those who are truly interested will contact this fellow and maybe make a deal. Hopefully they get clear proof of ownership (he didn't get all these as gifts).

DEVOREFLYER
07-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Very interesting:

http://classicflyrodforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=56668

angelsfan951
07-31-2012, 03:49 PM
well this just got a bit interesting!

fly addict
07-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Winston Rod Company will have the info on whom and where they were purchased if the warranty cards were sent in, Sage may have the same on their rods. Better to be safe and have a clear conscious.

stripersondafly
07-31-2012, 07:30 PM
prices were too low i guess so, i raised them up a bit. i guarantee these items as i described them if it's not as i described send it back withing 7 days of receipt and get your money back through paypal .when u buy through paypal it's pretty much guaranteed to at least get your money at the very worse. only reason for sale is job loss about 6 months ago and i have gone through my 401k already and now its down to don't eat w/a roof over my head or get rid of some fly fishing gear , stuff i have qccumulated over a few years time and i did have a great paying job but, didn't get a chance to save much(buying too much fly gear, i guess)? anyway thats my life thanks for looking.

vortec_cruiser
08-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Isn't vigilante justice great! :Rolls Eyes:

DEVOREFLYER
08-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Badges, we don't need no stinkin' Badges.:Guns: