PDA

View Full Version : July 27 Catfish Stocking Video

VineVideos
07-27-2012, 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0muT3iT57MQ

Check out fish caught today at Irvine Lake. Plus current fish report from Jimmy Getty.

Carptain_Bao
07-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Those are some quality cats you guys stocked! Thanks for posting the video!

Perris_holic
07-27-2012, 09:18 PM
I think I might take the wife out there this sunday, not sure if I will get a boat or not. Are catfish the only fish showing up in boat dock cove?

Carptain_Bao
07-27-2012, 09:28 PM
I think I might take the wife out there this sunday, not sure if I will get a boat or not. Are catfish the only fish showing up in boat dock cove?

Saw a nice sized bluegill caught in boat dock cove on facebook, and also bass I think

Perris_holic
07-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Yea looks like jimmy caught one. Can you fish off the docks over there and is that where they plant the catfish?

VineVideos
07-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Yea looks like jimmy caught one. Can you fish off the docks over there and is that where they plant the catfish?

Plenty of other types of fish in Boat Dock Cove. Bluegill is the big thing now in addition to the Catfish. I saw several big Bluegill caught yesterday near the dock next to the main ramp. Yes, all stocking is from the main ramp. The Bluegills have been caught near the dock to the right of the ramp. But no fishing directly from the dock's. Jimmy explains how to catch the Bluegills in this week's stocking video. They are huge Bluegill. Good fishing to you. Thanks! Danny J.

fishinarteest
07-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Ah man, im just itchin to get out there and catch those cats, sadly wont be till middle of august. When i do fish irvine, full in depth report for all.

VineAssist
07-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Bluegill, Catfish and some Largemouth Bass are biting in boat dock cove right now. You are NOT allowed to fish off the docks in the boat dock area but if you have a boat you can be with in 50ft of the docks. We did stock the Channel Catfish off the main ramp this week. So boat dock cove would be an excellent spot to try this weekend.

For the bluegill it is very simple to fish them. All you need is some light line 2 or 4lb test preferably, a bobber, small mosquito hook type hook and either red worms or mealworms/waxworms. Cast to weeded areas and watch your line. You can sight fish some of these big gills as well in the clear water.

The catfish bite has been going strong for shore anglers and boat anglers fishing all around boat dock cove. Flyline your baits as far as you can and be patient. Guys and Gals are reporting success on Mackeral, Shrimp and Liver baits. Adding scents to your baits does seem to be helping I highly recommend the Bite On Cajun.

fishinarteest
07-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Bluegill, Catfish and some Largemouth Bass are biting in boat dock cove right now. You are NOT allowed to fish off the docks in the boat dock area but if you have a boat you can be with in 50ft of the docks. We did stock the Channel Catfish off the main ramp this week. So boat dock cove would be an excellent spot to try this weekend.

For the bluegill it is very simple to fish them. All you need is some light line 2 or 4lb test preferably, a bobber, small mosquito hook type hook and either red worms or mealworms/waxworms. Cast to weeded areas and watch your line. You can sight fish some of these big gills as well in the clear water.

The catfish bite has been going strong for shore anglers and boat anglers fishing all around boat dock cove. Flyline your baits as far as you can and be patient. Guys and Gals are reporting success on Mackeral, Shrimp and Liver baits. Adding scents to your baits does seem to be helping I highly recommend the Bite On Cajun.

I have a question, people are saying to flyline so the cats dont feel the sinker. But what if i attached the sinker to a seperate leader. almost like fishing with 2 hooks, but instead the second leader has a sinker instead of a hook.

VineAssist
07-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Dont get me wrong you can catch Cats while using a sinker but the flylined method is preferred out here. With a flylined bait they feel no resistance and can just swim off with the bait. Expermenting with different set ups and baits is half the fun of fishing. If it where me I would flyline a bait on one rod and try the rigging your thinking off. Let the fish tell you what they like best.

troutdog
07-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Another quality video by the Vine, keep up the good work....see you at the lake very soon!

TD

Perris_holic
07-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys