PDA

View Full Version : Went to Morro bay today.

plumbertom
07-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Took my kayak and paddled out of the bay against the incoming tide and the wind.
Then rode the tide current and wind back while bouncing a frizen sardine along the bottom
Never got a bite but got plenty of exercise.
Pro'ly wont be able to move my arms tomorrow.

TUNAVIC
07-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Did you see any otters on your way out or in?I was there about a month ago,saw about 13 of them in the harbor,I'll be back there end of august,I love that place and the BBQ oysters at Dockside eatery are killer,biggest I've ever seen.
At least you got a workout,I throw little swimies off the rocks and catch quite a few assorted fish,I'm usually there to enjoy some off time with my wife,so I don't get to fish as much as I would like,so the playing around on the rocks gives me the fix.

Cya Tuna Vic

plumbertom
07-28-2012, 09:21 AM
There's a well established colony of otters there in the bay. You can see them almost anytime. They were out swimming around as I paddled past their usual hang out near the base of the rock.
I may get back to fish around the outside of the break water but my balance isn't the greatest (I'm Sixty years old and fat) so climbing over those rocks does present a challenge.

Which Way Out
07-28-2012, 08:19 PM
BBQ oysters Hummmmmmmmmmm The first place I ever had one, so good.

Bring your yak down this way towards Santa Barbara and I will show you the launch zone. WSB were on the chew this morning EARLY

WWO