PDA

View Full Version : Legg Lake Bass - Which Lake?

SlayinRainbows
07-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Okay, so I'm getting my fly rod set up in the next few days, I'm going to Legg Lake in the evenings to hit up the bass that come to feed in the shallows at dusk...I know what presentation to use and everything else...so out of the 3 lakes at that park...which one is the most promising for bass? Southern most, middle or northern? I will for sure be making the rounds fishing several different spots, but I thought maybe I could get an idea of at least which lake I'd have the best luck at. You guys never let me down so, looking forward to hearing from you!

Lakerfan160
07-27-2012, 07:47 PM
the middle and the top lake is good... dont even fish the bottom lake you hardy see some people fishing there,except on the new pier the made, never seen any fish there or someone catching a fish........good luck

white belt
07-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Top lake. Good luck.

TUNAVIC
07-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Interesting reply's,my biggest bass have come from the first lake or south lake or the one with the new pier,however you want to describe it,the north lake right now is so full of moss I don't think you'll have much success,last time I was there was wed,it's tuff fishing right now except for catfish and gills,but I wish you the best please let us know how you do.

Cya Tuna Vic

Lakerfan160
07-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Interesting reply's,my biggest bass have come from the first lake or south lake or the one with the new pier,however you want to describe it,the north lake right now is so full of moss I don't think you'll have much success,last time I was there was wed,it's tuff fishing right now except for catfish and gills,but I wish you the best please let us know how you do.

Cya Tuna Vic

you caught your biggest bass there, nice......... its just that the shore along the south lake is empty, no bluegills or micro bass can be seen unlike the other two lakes, and its all brown tinted water..... the south lake is the biggest and the fish are probably all by the island in the middle of the lake... its great you caught your biggest fish there!!

aperez3523
07-27-2012, 10:42 PM
I've been there 3 times this week including today and have seen bass cruising the shallows in the north lake every day. I was only there for an hour or so today and i saw a couple of smaller models cruising around 6 feet out, saw a bigger one (probably 3lbs. Plus) a little further out around 12 to 15 ft. TUNAVIC is right about the moss in the north lake though, there's a ton of it! The water is pretty clear in that lake right now though (probably because of the vegetation) unfortunately the same can't be said of the middle lake. That lake has been chocolate milk brown for the last couple of weeks. Took a picture of this guy in the north lake on Monday, it was around 11am...

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg510/Aperez3523/Fishing%20pics/3009298d.jpg

It was probably around 15" long, decent size. I should probably learn to bass fish! Ha, ha! Good luck to you when you head out there! Maybe I'll see you around. I'll be the big guy with the USC hat and black backpack...

Tight lines,
Alex

SlayinRainbows
07-28-2012, 06:55 AM
I'll let u guys know how it goes thank you!!

SlayinRainbows
07-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Is there another parking lot by the upper lakes?

TUNAVIC
07-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Yes theres parking by every lake,if there charging at any of the two south or north,go to the middle lake,across street from sheriffs station and you can park for free and walk to all 3lakes.

Cya Tuna Vic