PDA

View Full Version : Great way to cap the week!!!!

Pete Marino
07-27-2012, 06:10 PM
By getting our biggest 5 bass limit of the week and our 2 biggest bass of the week. :Wink:

So Anthony and Carnell wanted to get out to Perris with me so I could show them a few tricks on Deep water Summer Structure fishing....
Last night as I was rigging up I called Anthony to ask him how he wanted to approach the day.. He told me that he was leaving it up to me but that he really wanted to get a good feel for the Deep water bite. So I told him that I had a hunch that the Early morning deep water bite might be good and that we should probably not go throw topwater in the morning as Im prone to do in the Summer.. I looked at the weather and the sun was going to be bright with no clouds so I figured that the deep bite may be better early then the shallow bite.....Lets just say... I WAS RIGHT!!!!
So we headed out to our first spot and started firing away.... As soon as I put the troller down the graph lit up!!! :Shocked:
They all looked like BIG BASS!! I said...."We're gonna catch some GIANTS today I know it!"
Within minutes Carnell hooked the first 3 lber of the day.. Then another... After a few minutes Anthony and I joined in on the action...
The pace was fast and furious as bass after bass made their way to the net... The guys were freaking out at how good the bite was for us....and there wasnt any other boats around us...we were all by ourselves with the bass on a feeding frenzy!!!!
Then I saw a big bass on the graph suspended in 30 ft over 40 ft of water. I looked at the guys and said..."Theres a GIANT...Who wants it?" But they both just started long casts so I said.." Watch this, im gonna catch it".... As I sent my bait down to it... I watched my bait getting closer to the bass so I slowed down the fall and we all watched this giant bass follow my bait all the way to the bottom.
As soon as my bait hit bottom I engaged the reel and popped the bait...AND THE BASS ATE MY BAIT.... "I got her".., I said!!! As my rod doubled over and the giant bass on the other end surged to even deep water.....I told them, " This is a GIANT, One of you guys should have tried for it" and Both Anthony AND Carnell both said.."We dont care who catches it...as long as one of us did." And they ended by saying...."Now catch that GIANT!!!"....All the while this big bass on the end of my line was trying to take line and dig away from the boat.. After about 2 minutes I got her turned towards the boat and she pulled up next to the boat and it became obvious that she was indeed a HUGE PERRIS BASS!!!
Into the net it went.... 8lbs!!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!:Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin: They were just as happy for me for catching that bass as if they caught it!!!
Then we continued to hammer away at the bass for a while more.. until Carnell says, "IM ON" as he begins to fight another bass, but at that exact moment I begin to meter the mother load of BIG BASS...Probably the same big bass that I metered earlier when we got there.. Instantly I tell Anthony, "Lets get a triple hookup!!" And he says, "SOUNDS GOOD!" as our baits are on their way to the mother load of bass... I pop my bait once and ,IM ON!!!! Anthony pops his bait a couple times and HE"S ON!!! TRIPLE HOOKUP!!! As Cornell is lipping his bass and Im swinging my bass, all we can hear is Anthinys drag SINGING!!!! I tell Anthony..."It sounds like a good one, hows he feel?" He said it "feels big" and at that exact moment a TRUE GIANT comes sailing 3 feet out of the water about 30 yards from the boat... :Shocked::Shocked::Shocked: When I say TRUE GIANT I MEAN OVER 10 lbs!!!!! :Shocked::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop: I quickly release my bass as does Cornell and we gather around Anthony to help him in anyway possible....And by that I mean.. Cornell was trying to make him even more nervous by saying "Dont lose it" and I had the pliers in my hand and was leaning in towards his line asking Anthony if he wanted me to cut his line!!! hahahaha So we have sick sense of humors!!! hahahaha Then we could tell Anthony was getting nervous so we got serious and I worked the boat over the big bass with the trolling motor and Cornell manned the net... Within 3 minutes Cornell netted the BEAST!!! SHE WAS A GIANT..Just under 11lbs!!!!! :Envious::Envious::Envious::Envious:
High fives, screams of Joy and laughter filled the boat!!!! Anthony literally had to take a break for a while to stop from shaking!!! hahaha AWESOME!!! All Anthony could say was..."DID THAT JUST HAPPEN??" Good JOB BRO!!!!!

After that we continued to fish but Anthony couldnt get his mind off the Giant he just boated so I suggested a bait change... So I rigged him up with a deep water swimbait... Within Minutes his rod doubles over and another giant bass is on the end of Anthonys line... This one is also over 8-9lbs.... after about a 30 second fight....IT GOT OFF!!!! This is what Anthony looked like...:Bug Eyes: And this was me and Cornell.... :ROFL::ROFL: The fishing Gods givith, the fishing Gods takeith away!!!! hahahahaha.... We both tell him he didnt set the hook hard enough hahaha...
Anyways... He ended up catching another one on that swimbait...unfortunately it was only a 2 1/2 lber...hahhaha..
All in all I dont even know how many bass we caught but it was over 30.. The weight of our best 5 bass about 30lbs.
It could have been 36-39 lbs had that swimbait fish not come unbuttoned.... :Wink:
All of our bass were caught in 35-45 ft of water... We threw a variety of baits from dropshot, to tail spins to swimbaits, ice jigs and carolina rigs.
Here are a couple pics..

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_6797.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_6798.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_6800.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_6802.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_6803.jpg

This was a great way to put a cap on the week... my biggest limit of the week and the 2 biggest bass of the week!!!

If this doesnt get you to want to get out there with me, nothing will! hahaha Call, email or PM me and get your trip booked today!!!!

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService.com

bassgrabber1
07-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Nice!!!! We have to do a trip!! Congrats to Anthony on the GIANT!!!! Also congrats to Anthony and Carnell for spending their money wisely...I don't believe that there is a better guide to book! WTG Pete!!!

fishboy12
07-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Wow, 35 lb bag in the height of summer! Hope your thumb heals soon from lippin all those pigs. Great job Pete.

HawgStalker
07-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Duuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!! One of these days Pete! Work for me is scratchy so its tough for me to justify booking a trip right now but these reports aren't helping at all Pete! These Largies had to come out of the water saying..... "HEEEE-AWWWW"!!!!

Congrats Anthony and Carnell!!!!

karalm
07-28-2012, 05:40 AM
Congrats to Anthony, Carnel and Pete for "putting" them on the hogs. My boat is behind Anthony's hand in the background on the last pic when I saw them taking the pic LOL
Like I have said before, Get on it w/ Pete to catch these "Epic Abuse Victims" - Way to go guys!!

Desertfishen2
07-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Sounds a lot like our trip but LARGER!! I will get my 10 pounder one day I've been setting on 9 way to long. Congrats on another great day and congrats to Anthony and Carnel you only put them in the right place they do the rest.

Pete Marino
07-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks Guys!!!

Yeah Desertfishin we need to get you a double digit bass!!!!

Pete

sweetfish
08-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Man that is an awesome week for sure. I need to get my boat out there again and learn this ice jig technique.

Thanks for the post.

Hog Caller
08-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Awesome day for sure. Good job putting the clients on fish as usual.

It was good to see you out there Saturday. It looked like the little lady in the back of the boat was putting a whoopin on you guys. Everytime I'd look over you taking off another fish for her.
I wish we could have got the big ones to go, but I'm guessing they're lips are still hurtin from the beat down you already gave them...lol

Brent

good kentucky
08-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Once again, you are the MAN!!!

bassgrabber1
08-02-2012, 07:47 AM
If you guys want to learn how to fish Deep Summer Structure then go to Bass Pro this Sat. at 1pm....Pete is having a seminar on this technique.

tagg27
08-04-2012, 09:45 AM
WTG guys...I'm going to have to get in on one of those donkey fest with Pete before the summer is over.

tree
08-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Nice catches out there Pete! Way to Go!