PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weather Fishing

Baseballer44
08-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey what do you guys think about fishing in bad weather? What I mean is being out on a boat in the middle of the ocean when a thundershower comes rolling in. I am planning on going fishing on Sunday in my small 17' boat which will get killed if there are waves, and I was also wondering about lightning and other stuff like that. Should I make the trip Sunday or pass?

jplee3
08-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Hey what do you guys think about fishing in bad weather? What I mean is being out on a boat in the middle of the ocean when a thundershower comes rolling in. I am planning on going fishing on Sunday in my small 17' boat which will get killed if there are waves, and I was also wondering about lightning and other stuff like that. Should I make the trip Sunday or pass?

Depends on how much you love fishing :D If you're practicing to become one of those Alaskan fishermen, by all means go for it. Otherwise, it sounds kinda risky, and scary too. But hey, some people like to live on the edge. Godspeed ;)

In terms of whether or not the fish are biting, I really have no idea.

Nessie Hunter
08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Better safe then sorry (dead)..............

There is NO HELP out there and its a long swim... :thumb:

KaliDawgFan
08-24-2007, 09:35 PM
wouldn't worry about the lightning. I don't think rain is in the forcast for a couple of months at least.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
08-25-2007, 07:53 AM
FIRST OF ALL, YOU DONT HAVE TO GO OUT IN THE OPEN OCEAN, TO CATCH QUALITY FISH. THE CALM SIDE OF THE BREAK WATERS, OFFER GOOD FISHING WITHOUT RISKING LIFE,, AND LIMB. NEWPORT BAY HAS ALL YOU NEED WHEN IT COMES TO GAME FISH. I USE TO TAKE MY LITTLE ALUIM. 14FT BASS BOAT OUT OF LONG BEACH, AND FISH THE WALL ALL NIGHT LONG. THE SAME WITH NEWPORT BAY .STAY SAFE AND GOOD LUCK MIKE THE PMB.....