PDA

View Full Version : Rancho jurupa 7/25

angelsfan951
07-26-2012, 01:35 PM
woke up in the morning and wife says lets go to the park with the kids, so i figured lets go to rancho jurupa and take the kids and i take my fishing poles to see whats out there. To our surprise i ask the guy at the gate when the lake was getting stocked and he says "truck just left" GREAT!! truck shouldn't of been there till friday so for all you truck chaser don't go here as they already stocked sorry. Well started fishing around 10:30 and it was slow had 2 bites but lost them. Around 1 the bite starts to go off. ended up with 5 fish total and lost another 3. The guy next to me had 7 when i left and all this happened at the same time. We had to call it a day at 2 so the only thing i can say is great day with the family and a great day fishing. I have no scale but the biggest looks like at least a 3lber really surprised me.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g129/Chatom86/2012-07-25_15-51-39_515.jpg

Tee-Roy
07-26-2012, 01:43 PM
WOW!
nice catch! looks like a good day with the family and a good day fishing win win

white belt
07-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Nice Jurupa report! I C&R a bunch of cats during trout season last year from the front lake. Cant believe that tiny lake has holdovers. Great little lake.

angelsfan951
07-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Nice Jurupa report! I C&R a bunch of cats during trout season last year from the front lake. Cant believe that tiny lake has holdovers. Great little lake.

i agree its a nice peaceful lake most of the time but I'm surprised also that it has holdovers. I was expecting to catch just plain ol stokers but i doubt they fish that size

Eddiem
07-26-2012, 09:44 PM
hey i am heading out there this weekend with my nephews trynna get them on some fish. any suggestions on baits and are gills biting ?

angelsfan951
07-27-2012, 11:10 AM
hey i am heading out there this weekend with my nephews trynna get them on some fish. any suggestions on baits and are gills biting ?

blugills are there just look for all the algae in the lake and cast in to it.I was using a trout magnet under a bober 2ft or so and just retrieving slowly. and for the cats i was using shrimp. try to cast out towards the middle of the lake and u should be on them!

white belt
07-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Maybe its pretty deep in the middle and thats where the holdovers survive. Still really hard to imagine anything surviving in there too long but you just confirmed it for me. Crazy.

Frequent Flyer
07-27-2012, 01:00 PM
which lake did you fish? and both lakes aren't deep at all. the deepest in the back doesn't exceed 10 feet IF that and im sure the front isnt deeper than 12 or 13 IF that

angelsfan951
07-27-2012, 02:12 PM
which lake did you fish? and both lakes aren't deep at all. the deepest in the back doesn't exceed 10 feet IF that and im sure the front isnt deeper than 12 or 13 IF that

all fish were caught in the front lake.

angelsfan951
07-30-2012, 10:58 PM

so did u go?? weres the report at??