PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been on the Producer?

mil sonrisas
07-26-2012, 01:25 PM
hey,
Been trying to get on a 1 1/2 day trip out of San Diego and the boats I wanted to get on are either sold out or not scheduled for this weekend.
I saw the the Producer out of H&M Landing has some spots available on a trip leaving Saturday night. Has anyone been on this boat? Haven't seen any fish counts for them and I want to make the best choice possible. I leave to Hawaii in 2 weeks for the next 3 years and want to enjoy one last, great fishing trip before I head out. thanks for any info!

Webfoot
07-26-2012, 01:43 PM
I fished the Producer on and overnight trip. Overall the boat and crew were pretty good. You may want to consider a trip out of Fishermans Landing. The Condor has been doing well on their 1.5 day trips. Other boats that I have personally fished on and recommend are the Apollo, Prowler or the Pacific Queen. Limited load trips are worth every penny. Kelp paddy fishing with 30 guys on one side of a 65' boat can get pretty frustrating! Good luck with your decision and trip.

Cowboy Hookup
07-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Fished on it twice on overnighters. Great boat and crew. Got us on the fish. But as a first option, I prefer the Condor (Fishermans Landing) because the rear deck and side rails had more room to cast and the lower bunk areas had more elbow and leg room.

mil sonrisas
07-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks guys! Looking at the schedules right now. guess I might have to call in sick Monday and Tuesday!