PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris, Been a long time (Years)

bitesomthing
07-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Hey guys,
Going to take my son fishing at lake Perris this week, it's been a long time (years) since i have taken my boat out to lakes.
can you guys help me out a little and give me some refresher tips?

1. Since its my first time with boat, what should i prepare for, and expect about boat inspection??

2. I used to fish the dam alot, is it within regualtions to still fish near dam??

3. With water being lower then i used to fish, what is the east end like???

Thanks
CHris

sweetfish
07-26-2012, 07:57 AM
1. Boat Inspection is just like Diamond Valley's. Just make sure everything on the boat is dry (Livewell, Drain area, motor).

2. Yes you can still fish the dam area but that is where all the ski doo's, waterskiers, wakeboarders, and recreation boat cruise around. The 5mph bouy line is before the island creating a large area of hasslefree fishing.

3. Until last week, I haven't fished Perris for about 15 years. The trees on the south shore that were under water is now high and dry. The east end to me is like Barrett lake in San Diego county. The shoreline is filled with submerged brush with a nice weedline outside of it. To me, perfect frog fishing shoreline. There are some big redears on beds there that would be perfect for your son.

bitesomthing
07-26-2012, 08:38 AM
What is prefered bait for red ear on beds?????

Pete Marino
07-26-2012, 09:58 AM
As far as the inspection process... Its quite easy and much easier then DVLs inspection.

1. Just make sure there is no standing water anywhere or wetness

2. Make sure your plug is out

3. Make sure there is no vegetation on the boat or trailer.

They DO NOT make you lower your motor at Perris so dont worry about the motor.

The bite is great all over the lake.. Bass are being caught in 2-48 ft of water.. Topwater, cranks, jerkbaits, spoons, plastics...dropshot carolina rigs, texas rigs, swimbaits..
You will have alot of success dropshot a 6inch Aarons Magic Robo worm on 6lb flouro..
anywhere from 5ft of water all the way to 48ft.

M@M
07-26-2012, 12:14 PM
What is prefered bait for red ear on beds?????

Try red worms for the red ear. They are fun to catch on ultra lite gear with 2lb test. Crickets for blue gill.. they have real nice panfish in Perris...... wish I was going. Have fun!