PDA

View Full Version : Givin it a Shot

fish-hound
07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey all I am planning on going out to Perris soon and fishing it from the shore as I am a graduate college student with no money, I do not own a boat and cannot afford one or a float tube and do not want to spend money on rentals especially since the wake from the recreation watercraft will only determine where my boat floats. Anyways, like I said I will be fishing from shore and understand that summer bass fishing usually requires anglers to fish deeeeeep and in structure. I also am aware that only about half of the lake is accessible by foot to shore fish. So to the point... from shore at Perris is there any way of reaching deep waters to find bass or structure and if so where on the shorelines should I be fishing.

I really hope this isn't one of those threads that gets 300 views and 1 reply as I see many have on here. If you view this post any info at all from fellow anglers is greatly appreciated.

Tight lines all!

lpacheco00
07-25-2012, 04:03 PM
I fished the shoreline on Saturday. Got theyre and started fishing at about 7:00 AM I started at lot 8 on the right side of the beach I was using drop shot rig with watermelon red flake powerbait worm. I was getting some bites but I doubt the fish were even big enough to latch on. Fished for about 4 hours and didnt get a single one. Then decided to pay the 3 dollars and fish the docks. When I started to pack up, 10 ft away from me some guy who had just got theyre started reeling something in and boom!!!! A really nice size largemouth bass. Yeah I was prety pist off, but what r u gonna do? Hahahaha...

IncredibleHuck
07-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Anyways, like I said I will be fishing from shore and understand that summer bass fishing usually requires anglers to fish deeeeeep and in structure. I also am aware that only about half of the lake is accessible by foot to shore fish. So to the point... from shore at Perris is there any way of reaching deep waters to find bass or structure and if so where on the shorelines should I be fishing.

A spot that has never done me wrong int he summer is down by the dam, fishing where the docks used to be. You can get to some deeper water there. Just be prepared for hanging up a lot of tackle in the rocks.

fish-hound
07-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys it's always nice to get some replies... I feel your pain Ipacheco00 that happened to me not to long ago but I guess every angler has those kind of days. INcredibleHuck is the place you're talking about the pier that is there or the ramps of whatever that are like broken off on the dam?

desertstorm
07-25-2012, 05:54 PM
I went fishing with my dad last saturday there and had no luck on the east end of the lake (left because there were so many ants) and was able to get 2 on the pier by the dam by dropping a drop shot straight over the edge. My dad was able to get on off the 2nd ramp on the dam on a senko. Not sure where to get deep structure from shore and most shore fishers seem to be having little luck but I know the guys in boats are catching quality bass every couple of minutes it seems like...

IncredibleHuck
07-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks guys it's always nice to get some replies... I feel your pain Ipacheco00 that happened to me not to long ago but I guess every angler has those kind of days. INcredibleHuck is the place you're talking about the pier that is there or the ramps of whatever that are like broken off on the dam?

Should be two areas that look like this http://api.ning.com/files/KLuMPe3E1LG-Xhwwx9hbXJ0norhr79jh2rtawV1UIO4pmpCztU2N4S0SWku-gfOD6nryRkN5C*ELNQbIQSsjQev1QdSaYRhF/0416121353.jpg?width=737&height=552