PDA

View Full Version : Deep Sea

craz_yPANDA
07-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Hello! Do any of you guys have fishing tips for Deep Sea fishing? Tuna, Yellowtail. I'm gonna be fishing off of H&M Landing on friday and will be back for a fishing report. Thanks!

Which Way Out
07-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Tip #1,
Do what the Capt and the deck hands say. Those guys fish everyday.

Someone else for Tip #2?

WWO

Jackpot Jimmy
07-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Tip #2:
Wind in your face, you're in the right place. Wind at your back, go home with an empty sack.

CraigH
07-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Bring sunscreen, seasick meds, and dress in layers. It can be in the 90's here and overcast/cool out at sea.

Which Way Out
07-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Tip #4

Deck boots are always a nice way to keep your feet Dry.

WWO

bachiboy
07-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Tip #1,
Do what the Capt and the deck hands say. Those guys fish everyday.

WWO

Tip #5
Recap of Tip #1. Ask the deckhands questions. What line weight should I start with? What size hook? Where should I hook the bait? All of these questions based on what has worked over the past few days. Call the landing and ask them questions...are they all bait fish or are they getting fish on iron?

Stay in front of your line...no angles, no tangles. ALWAYS keep in contact with your bait! Too many people just feed the line out with reckless abandon...many times not even knowing that their bait is hiding under the boat..."well, the line is still going out"...uhhh, that would be cuz the current is just pulling on the slack! Grab the hottest, cleanest (no missing scales, no blood marks) bait in the livewell...the one hardest to catch is the one you want on the end of your line. Get that bait away from the boat...unless they're "eating the paint off the side of the boat" as they say, you're not gonna get bit if the bait is just hanging around close.

I say all this cuz I'll be anxiously awaiting your successful followup report! :Wink:

As for seasickness...take salt (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.). If you're feeling sick, the salt will reduce the acids in your stomach and give you a little instant relief. It doesn't make the feeling go away permanently, but will give any medicine you take a chance to take effect. If you start feeling sick, take some medicine, grab a Sprite and sip it, start sucking on the salt, go to the bow of the boat (assuming that it isn't too rough), suck wind and stare at the horizon. Being in the galley is the worst place to be when you feel ill. All in all, the best seasick medicine I've seen is when you hang a fish. All else fails...go to sleep.

GOOD LUCK and GO GET EM!!!