PDA

View Full Version : Sunday at the Greg

FSHNLIC
07-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Been jonesn to wet a line so me and my boys went up to the Greg Sunday morning to see if we can get on some fish.. Got up there by about 7 and started by the baseball fields..... ended up working a lot of spots all the way to the fountains... not a single trout... fished lures,jigs, powerworms, worms, and powerbait for one lousy bite... my boys caught a cpl bluegill and I got 1 bass that was pushing 4lbs and lost another about the same size... I did not see a single trout caught by anyone on the southside of the lake. Tight Lines !!!

HawgStalker
07-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Not sure what or where thr Greg is but thats a beautiful largie..... Not a sore or mark on her! Good job.....

Thanks for posting!

Thatguy47
07-23-2012, 06:49 PM
lake greggory is in the san bernardino mountains.

CraigH
07-23-2012, 07:00 PM
The trout are definitely hiding lately. I was up there a few weeks ago and caught 5 trout at the ball field in a couple of hours on lures, then fished the same way last Friday afternoon for only one small stocked trout. Only saw a few people with one or two trout, most people were getting skunked.

Cowboy Hookup
07-24-2012, 01:26 PM
I too was there for the first time ever Sunday. Got there around 4:30, fished the right sideline of
baseball field till 7pm. Also worked Pb, lures, trout mags, mice tails, and even tied a walmart fly on a bobber out of desperation. Got not even a nibble. About 5 other anglers skunked as well.

white belt
07-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Great bass there. They are stocking rainbows this week so you guys getting skunked last week will probably have more luck. I'm going to try and go this weekend to fish it on the fly for the first time.

FSHNLIC
07-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Hopefully this will make for some good fall fishing... Good Luck on the fly WhiteBelt when u go up... I may give it another go this weekend as well if I have nothing else going on

seal
07-25-2012, 01:27 PM
The trout are deep. If you rent a boat or go out in a tube and drop your bait down or use a full sink fly line if your on the fly you can get um. From shore it's been rough.

That is a great bass from Gregory, I need to start targeting them from there.

IncredibleHuck
07-25-2012, 01:29 PM
The trout are deep. If you rent a boat or go out in a tube and drop your bait down or use a full sink fly line if your on the fly you can get um. From shore it's been rough.

That is a great bass from Gregory, I need to start targeting them from there.

Yep! And the deepest part of the lake is not where everyone thinks it is either. ;)

castle
07-27-2012, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the Gregory report. Its always slow there thru august.And it picks up a week or so after labor day when the trout move into shallower water